They didn't finish the trilogy, too much sex for two people that couldn't have any. Too many moments of pulling and the thread breaking and snapping them back into reality. Katrina's face heated up, she knew Maria was going to give them the ok to have sex again. She pulled her white shirt down and walked towards the bathroom. She went to her side of the sink and prepared to do her hair. It had grown much longer during those five weeks and was now a much darker brown than it had been before.

She brushed her hair up into a ponytail and stared at herself through the mirror. She looked healthier now that she could keep all of her food down. Her appetite had returned with a vengeance, she'd never known had existed. Her eyes were brighter and her eyelashes had grown longer. Her skin wasn't flawless but it glowed astonishingly. Besides her stomach expanding, she had put on some welcome healthy weight. Before she was too skinny and looked sick, then again anyone would look such a way if they couldn't keep any food down.

When her father came to visit her during the past weeks, he'd made an uninvited remark about her weight. He didn't believe that Alonzo was taking care of her and the baby, and wanted to come every day to make sure they were fine. That caused him and Alonzo to get into horrible arguments, in Italian nonetheless, outside their bedroom door or any room door where she happened to be. They didn't think that she could hear them, but hearing wasn't the problem, understanding was.

Katrina knew that he was her father and that he wanted nothing more than to rekindle his relationship with her, and she wanted to try too but it all felt so strange. Especially when he would argue with her husband about what was best for her when he himself didn't know what was best for her. She didn't like to see them fight. She had to remind him that she wasn't a five-year-old child anymore but a twenty-year-old woman that was now married and having a child of her own. He understood to an extent but he was still her father and wanted the best for her.

He had given her a picture of her birth mother and she couldn't help but stare in awe. Her mother Annalisa Porcelli was a beautiful woman. Katrina now knew where she had gotten her looks, yes, she had her father's eyes, but the rest of her was a replica of her mother, from her dark wavy hair, to the shape of her face, and her petite curvy frame. Where her mother's eyes were a rich brown, hers were an olive green. Her mom looked so sophisticated and very much pregnant. She'd traced the picture when he gave it to her. He wanted her to have this one to remind her that her mother loved her unconditionally. She would never forget how he whispered her name, his heavy Italian accent caressing every letter, Anna.

Katrina closed her eyes and rubbed her temples as she remembered what he made her promise. Promise to ignore Marissa's behavior and try her hardest not to hit her again. She still couldn't accept the truth that they were siblings; it made her feel better to know that it was only by marriage. The girl that she had adored so much as a child had become her worst enemy, her own stepsister. It made her sick to her stomach at the thought of her and Alonzo being together, in such intimate ways, and sad that she had once had his heart. Especially when he was making it so difficult for her to even come close to it. Was it true what Marissa had said? Was Alonzo truly not over her?

She bit her lip in worry and decided that it was best to ask Alonzo, than to let her imagination run wild. She rolled her eyes again, why did Marissa have to be her sister? Why couldn't she have been a long distant friend from summer camp that she could hardly remember? Then she wouldn't feel so obligated to keep her promise.

Katrina yelped and jumped in surprise when Alonzo slapped her on her rear, hard. She turned around to see her husband smirking at her.

"You rolled your eyes farfalla." He explained.

Katrina backed out of the bathroom with her hands up in mock surrender and a big smile on her face. She was delighted that she and Alonzo had come so far in these last couple of weeks.