Chapter 60: Parting

Start from the beginning

"I knew it, those medicines were really suspicious, after all," he mused to himself before turning around and going back to his bed. He just couldn't believe that that which he saw was real.

Why would Rabbit be with them, she can't have possibly killed someone and they now reprimanded her or something? No, no, even if it is that girl, it would be impossible to succeed that in just a mere hour. There must be something else... Or his mind was crazy.

Yes, that's right. He heard that people having high temperature usually have hallucinations as well, so that's it. That's definitely it.

They just glanced at each other before following behind, although the two men were amazed. That guy who just came was a mess, his whole face was red and his eyes looked like he was about to shut them down any given moment. He was even limping with each step he took before breathing loudly, he needed to see a doctor. Now that they saw the state he was in, they could clearly understand why would he send a prodigy in getting lost shopping instead of doing it himself. It was amazing that he could even walk.

Daniel chose to act first. He got closer to him before throwing Wolf's hand over his shoulders, helping him balance his body.

"You should really go and see a doctor, it looks terrible, you know," he said, but got no response in return. With the state Wolf was in and him firmly believing that what he saw wasn't real, he just ignored Daniel. He was meant to rest and sleep, but his worry for Alis got the better of him and he almost headed out to look for her when he heard her voice earlier.

When they came to the part where their hideout was, Wolf simply got to the coach before lying down as he immediately fell asleep.

Daniel placed his hand on his forehead.

"His burning like crazy, he seriosly needs to check the doctor," he mused before looking around, interior of this room was rough and all, but it provided good isolation from cold outside. It seems like they really did live in this place.

"He would need some rest first, so you better wait and go visit tomorrow. Also, he gonna need some proper meal, do you have a kitchen in here?" he asked and Alis nodded before leading the way.

That only leaved Nikolas with sleeping Wolf alone.

"Seriously, just how did you manage to survive with that kind of a little brother all those years?" Nikolas asked, although he didn't expect any response. Instead, he only sat down on a nearby sofa.

"Well, at least you have the joy of having your younger sibling by your side," he sighed. If he could only know what was going on with his younger sister, he wouldn't have minded living like this with her alone, in an abandoned factory. He would be walking to throw away all his riches and blessings in the world if he could just have her by his side.

Where was she now? How was she? She shook be sixteen or so this year, no?

That is, if she's still alive.

"I should probably stop blaming Vincent now," he always did, for everything that happened to his mother and sister, although Vincent wasn't really the one to blame. Sure, he was unresponsive back then and busy with work instead of his family, but it's not like that old fart didn't blame himself enough for it. He truly regretted his own mistakes back then and Nikolas knew it.

Yet he never could accept to just let it go. He simply needed someone to blame and he knew that he wasn't fair to Vincent. He was a spoiled ass.

He glanced at the guy laying in the bed. He probably had a chance to get away from this all if he were on his own. Such was the world they was living in, he would be able to get far if he chose to throw away his brother or even sell him for money. Yet he didn't, he chose to stay.

Then he glanced around him. He couldn't do much - or no, he could, but he didn't know how would those around him act about it. Nor was he sure if those boys would accept his help. But he wasn't all helpless, he can make sure that they can use this building for as long as they needed to. It was in his jurisdiction after all.

He took out his walled before taking all the paper money he had. He was almost certain that the guy didn't go to doctor because they didn't have money to afford it. So he took all of his before placing it on the table.

It should be enough.

After Daniel was done with making some soup - he was a kitchen mole, after all - the two were gone. They rejected Alis when she offered to take them out, knowing that she would only get lost again and went on their own before reminding her to send Wolf to hospital tomorrow.

They probably believed that they won't be meeting again. Or they believed that they will. It was inevitable what would happen at that moment, they were nothing but strangers that have met.