Chapter 33: A Rabbit and a Wolf

CHAPTER 33:
A RABBIT AND A WOLF

It all started quietly, without any indications that there will be any trouble at the end of it all. Alis chose just another club and came in, she showed her ID and they let her in like any other person, she was legal adult and she could do what the fuck she wanted; even wear what the fucking hell she wanted to wear.

The club "Lion's Den" was loud, but it didn't seem like anything she wasn't used to — her body moved naturally to the beat of the music DJ was playing, she knew that she had gone to those places before. But why? When she skimmed through the pictures on her phone earlier, there wasn't any picture of her going outside or in club. No, she barely even had any picture of herself.

On all of her social media apps, she was still logged in, but everything she ever talked about was school or something including plans and missions with Hailey she wasn't too sure about. And some with that girl Kaley she found out to actually be Nik's sister and talking with her like normal friends.

She had nothing that could show her for sure what did her life look like. She, to make it even stranger, didn't have a single conversation with anyone who was her family. She checked her whole Facebook friends and even family groups, and found only Hailey — but they weren't sister or blood related at all. It was like her family had vanished from the Earth. She was tempted to look further into her own name and see it for herself, but sometimes she would get a headache when she thought about those things, so she let it be. She shouldn't have anything to do with that stuff — it's what her mind was involuntarily telling her to believe in.

Giving another shake of her head when she realized that she didn't have any contact information with Nikolas, nor being able to find him on Facebook and such, her worries that there was something suspicious about him only intensified, despite her trying to forget all about them.

He was a mystery and seeing how dull and normal life she led up to that moment she lost her memories, she couldn't help but wonder of how did she meet with someone as special as Nikolas.

The question came back to bite her once again.

What was her connection with him? What were they?

And another, the one she wasn't sure if she ever thought of before, even before the whole amnesia thing:

What was it that she wanted them to be?

"Oh, my God!" she heard a voice scream near by just as she descended the stairs, had it not sounded so familiar, she would've ignored it.

"Alice, it's really you!"

Alis? Did they call her? Of course, since the two sounded so similar, she couldn't have realized the difference in spelling by simply hearing it — not to mention the loud noise around her that made her hearing be as good as dead.

Turning around, she noticed a certain purple haired girl waving her hands at her, surrounded by some dangerously looking guys. They surely can't have called out for her, could they?

"Alice, come on, bitch!" They called out again and she frowned, did they just insult her or— "Don't tell me you no longer recognize us!"

With the way they pushed through the crowd to come in front of her, she was certain that they indeed were her acquaintances.

"Hey?" she asked, was it safe to tell anyone that she's lost her memory? Recognize? She must've lost contact with them for a while then.

"It's me, Rayleigh! I mean, I know, I colored my hair after so long, but come on don't you recognize the rest? Bug, Snail and Snake?" Despite being surprised at their nicknames, she didn't let it show on her face. Rayleigh had incredible amount of piercings on her face and ears, not the mention the tattooed Latin number IV under her right eye.