Chapter 45: A murder?

CHAPTER 45;
A MURDER?

Rejuvenated. Yes, that's the proper word Nikolas would use to explain how was he feeling after his sleep. He had a feeling like it was the first time he got some after a whole decade, and the best - he even had a breakfast which wasn't bad at all.

He wouldn't mind spending another day or two in the jail, with the current flow of how things went.

"Damn, you better watch out on the streets Edgar, it's mess between mafia," one of the police officers that just came back to the station from the outside spoke. Obviously, Edgar was now the center of attention and everyone cared for him.

What surprised Nikolas the most was that he was literally the only prisoner in that station and those guys weren't so sure what to do with him. It was obvious that he was their firat catch in a while and had Nikolas not decided to punch Edgar, they'd have no one.

The station's successful missions certainly amounted to Nikolas' successful trials to drive out Alis from her apartment, at best.

Sighing, he continued to eat pizza that police officers gave him while turning to the one questioning him.

"Have you been under the influence of alcohol before you committed the crime?" Edgar asked shivering from the warning he got from his friend. His ginger hair didn't help at all in getting rid of attention since he stood out the most in the entire place. Had he not wore a cap, he would certainly do the same on the outside.

"Is eating cereals with wine for the breakfast something that could count?" Nikolas raised his eyebrow. Now that he thinks of it, he had no fucking idea why did he randomly chose to punch a police officer.

And if the news spread out to the media... Not only them, but Vincent would eat him alive.

"I... I'm not sure, does it, Buck?" he turned to the policeman that just came who only shrugged.

"Write it down, I like the guy and judge would go easier on him if he was drunk."

Nikolas have slowly, after realizing that those people had no idea of what to do, decided to go easy on then and be patient as they questioned him. Seeing his cooperation and calm nature, they came to think that he wasn't that bad guy either. And since he already gave them personal information they are yet to check, they came to believe that he wasn't emigrant or terrorist either.

Yes, they even wondered if he was sent to blow something up. He heard it with his own ears.

"You said that you didn't want a caution either? Is it because you're running away from someone and jail is the safest place to be in?" he continued to question as Buck joined them before taking a slice of pizza.

"Well, you could say so," he was running away from Vincent and others, after all.

"Don't say, is it from mafia? Could it be that you have something to do with them going in action the previous night?" Buck asked, and Nik only shrugged.

He had no idea, he was in the jail the whole time.

"I doubt it, I am running away from my father and family. What happened the last night, now that you're there?" he asked finishing his slice.

Worst case scenario, Russian and Numbers had a fight with Raiders.

"Well, it's supposed to be a secret, but you know that there are three main powers in London? Two mafia families, royals and police force that also have dukes, so it's more like two and all?" he asked and Nikolas nodded. Surely he knew that much, Raiders were one of those two. Second mafia group were plain assholes.