Chapter 52: Forgotten Fragments

CHAPTER 52:
FORGOTTEN FRAGMENTS

"ALRIGHT, SPEAK! How did she catch you?"

"What?"

"You look like shit, I assume you cheated on some girl and she beat you up afterwards. So I'm asking: How did she catch you?"

"It was him, not her."

"Eh?"

"Yes?"

Not a single second has passed since Nikolas passed through the front doors of Vincent's residence when he heard a voice of his biggest annoyance. Alis. He literally forgot she existed for a while and those were purest and most peaceful moments of his life (well, if you were to exclude the Snake bastard), yet now she stood there - the look on her face switching from worry to mockery and Nikolas simply couldn't resist but to mock her.
"You mean... You... You're... With..." she began to stumble on her words as he only grinned while Vincent only rolled his eyes before strolling past them to his bedroom.

Brats.

"Yes, my boyfriend found out about you living with me and I was already annoyed that he had become too clingy so I went ahead and told him that you're my best friend with benefits, so he got angry and beat me. Awesome, right? I like the feisty ones the most," he licked his lip before showing her an ear-to-ear grin as she only shuddered.

What was it about him that she found attractive earlier again?

"You deserve it! Each one of those bruises!" she yelled before turning around and running away. Nikolas could only sigh before heading to the living room and listening to Vincent's advice to visit his Scottish friend. Pouring himself some whiskey in one of those heavy crystal glasses, he sat down on the armchair before hissing as his back ached.

"Motherfucking son of a bitch," he cursed before drinking till the bottom, but then he spilled everything, "He just had to hit where it hurts. Hell, my whole mouth hurts! What the fuck, man?"

Just from a mere drop of alcohol, his mouth was on fire. Since he had some wounds inside from those punches, it stung like bitch and he couldn't even drink properly.

"You ruined my whole day , you ain't gonna ruin my night, you sucker," he mused to himself before pouring another glass and stared at it with determination in his eyes.

"Round two, motherfucker!" with that, he drank it without wasting a single drop and his face immediately became unsightly. Shit, it hurt more than he expected despite feeling the same experience seconds ago. He pondered on a thought to go right now and give snake a taste of his own medicine just because he was an ass like that. No way in hell was he satisfied with being the only one getting the fat end.

"Should I, or should I not?" he was actually contemplating on breaking into the jail. What's the worst that could happen, he already successfully infiltrated that place once?

"A-anyway," his thought were interrupted by a weak voice he knew all too well for his liking, "It's not that I'm worried about you or something, it's just that I'm trying to be a decent human being and am doing what humans should do."

"..."

"You're not a decent human being, Alis. You're more like a... Kitten? Rabbit? Eh, something in between?" - was his response as he pondered on the fact for a while. Sometimes she's just like a cat, troublemaker letting the curiosity get the better of her and lazily sleeping all the time. In that sense, she truly does resemble the fury animal. And now she's cowardly and jumpy, yet incredible at running away and giving Nikolas even more trouble, so she's like a rabbit.