Chapter 56: Challenge Between Men

CHAPTER 56:
CHALLENGE BETWEEN MEN

"ALRIGHT, RABBIT," Wolf began to talk as he stared at Alis watching him with determination in her eyes, "We've already been there countless of times."

"We have," she nodded and continued to stare at him.

"You're a grown-up now," he kept on encouraging her - or no, he was encouraging himself and trying to believe that all those words were actually truth.

He admits, all his plans were ruined. When he saw Rabbit, he believed that the girl actually had intention of going back home and then continuing to look after her savior - in this case, him - and he could use her influence - well, the money she got from her parents - to rise in the underground. The plan was perfect, he had perfectly executed every action to get her unrequited trust... The only problem was that she fucking had no intention of going back home! She perfectly accepted the role of a younger sister - lecher, in this case, as she was living off him - and had zero intention of going back home! Wolf knew that some people loved to run away from their family because they were too annoying, but this was on completely different level. She even discarded her name!

He sighed. Whatever, at least he found first member of their mafia family and she wasn't that bad of a company.

"Yes, I am!" but back to the point, after contemplating the entire morning, then taking into consideration their empty fridge, his ridiculously high fever and the fact that the girl was the only capable person of executing shopping, he decided to let her go.

Unwillingly. But it was either that or they die from starvation.

And trust him, he tried to go even in his state, but somehow - no, it wasn't really unknown, it was just unbelievable how it came to be that he was forced to retreat. He was so tipsy and his sense of balance was so off that after leaving the hideout, he accidentally swayed into some can on the road which made him trip and the can flew into a mess of garbage not to far from him which shook the mountain of heavy stuff and a huge shovel that's been ironically lying on top of it fell down and smacked him straight in the head.

Which led to him now lying covered with four blankets and having a pack of ice on top of his head - unable to move a single step and instructing Rabbit to go shopping in his stead.

Now, he might sound like he exaggerated and all, but she could literally get lost in their own bloody hideout, even after living there for over a week now! And no, it wasn't just a single time! Forty seven! He turned around the goddamn place forty seven times in last ten days in order to find her lost ass. That went against every sane common sense! Who the fuck gets lost so many times - or even gets lost at all - in their own home! Sure, the factory was huge, but it had such a simple design that it would take one a single time of touring through it in order to memorize the place.

Yet she... He no longer had the strength to bother with her.

"So just go down the same route we take at least once a day together until you arrive at the shop."

"Don't worry, just leave everything to me!" she reassured him with a smile and he glared at her. It's precisely because it's YOU that I'm not having a piece of mind!!!

"Here is the money," he gave it to her and she placed it in a little bag she always wore. He gifted it to her because, surprise - not only is she gifted in losing herself, she even lost every single thing she touched!

"Got it," she mused and he took out a paper.

"Those are things you need to buy," he quickly scrabbled the list of necessary ingredients, "And this—" he took another paper before drawing all over it, "—is the map. Just in case."