Chapter 25: A Conclusion

Chapters 44-51 are now available on radish. Feel free to check them out ;)

CHAPTER 25:
A CONCLUSION

Alis, for the first time in her life, cursed the day when she threw the alarm clock in Nikolas' face. She would've blamed herself, but her pride was too much to let her put herself down.

That's true, it was Nik's fault in the first place that she had thrown it at him. Had he been a more decent person and had he not commented her looks the rude way, she would've never thought of wanting to shut his mouth nor hurt him in the first place.

Alright, alright. She should've been the wiser one and used a witty comeback or something to get out of that quarrel — if it can even be called so — without causing the whole war deal. However, she could not talk rationally and sadly, the events didn't go that way. But even if she overstepped her boundaries and went all Hulk on him, she was not in the very least wrong. It wasn't her fault, in fact, if something is to blame — then it's the very same alarm clock that started everything.

That's right. Had it not rang so early in the morning, she would've never thrown it across the window. Had she not thrown it across the window, Nikolas wouldn't have thrown it back at her. Had he not done it, she wouldn't have stood up to see what was going on and had she not done that, Nikolas wouldn't have the chance to give that rude remark. And had he not done it, she wouldn't have thrown that clock at his face.

So basically, once she summarized the whole order od events that led her today to stand with her body trapped between Nik's and wall, with heavy rain completely drenching her as his lips tempted her to kiss him, being only less than five centimetres from hers.

"Well, do you?" he repeated, she could feel her heart beating so hard that she feared it would burst out of her chest. What his words did to her... What his mere presence at the close proximity did to her at that matter. She had ignored it her ever since she met him, those impulsive feelings he would wake in her aside from need to kill him — brutally — and now she had nowhere to escape. He had trapped her, cornered her like a wild animal with no other options but to succumb to his will, and asked her that one question she's been afraid to answer.

Did she really want to kiss him? Kissing him would be no different than admiring that she had some kind of attraction to him. And to someone she just put on a site full of horny perverts, that really wasn't the best bullet she could offer. When you trust someone, you give them a gun and bullets they could hurt you with, it's on them to chose whether they'll shoot or not.

And Nikolas would pull that trigger without an ounce of hesitation. She had made him be so fierce.

"Well..." he sweetly let the question hang in the air as he licked his upper lip before coming even closer to her, through the thin fabric of her dress he could perfectly see the shape of her breasts that stood straight, in excitement or from coldness, it didn't matter. Nikolas wanted her.

"Your silence is really driving me over the edge, kitten. Do you know what I want to do to you when I see you so... Vulnerable and confused. I want to taint that little innocence you have, yet it would've been more interesting if you were to resist it a bit. Come on seriously, resist!" his sadistic face expression was now gone and instead of it he had the one of excitement... Not the kind of excitement one should get when torturing someone, but the one when you just... What something? Even Alis didn't know how to describe that expression she had never seen on his face before.