He attracts people, and never realises it. Both him and Ming. I remember the first time I saw them, looking out of uncles open patio doors at the boys playing in the distance. I was envious of their freedom and laughter. Uncle didn't invite them to have lunch with me and mother, I felt worthless, someone uncle didn't think should be near his son, would I taint him?

But uncle surprised me, asking my mother to leave me there for the summer. She happily agreed, she only wanted money from him and he had taken the annoying child off her hands. Now she could look for her next husband.

I had a lot of surprises that summer, biggest of all, me being happy. Uncle introduced me to the boys, after my mother left, they were both a little hesitant at first, but within a few days, they had adopted me into their little circle. And for the first time, I let someone slip past the wall I had built.

I got pulled around with them on their adventures, but I never minded, it was the first time I was having adventures of my own. Instead of watching others with their friends doing things, I had people who looked forward to seeing me.

I stand up as uncle walks in, he looks tired. The minute his eyes land on his son, the fury on his face is no surprise. The drip, the monitors, his heads bandaged.

He walks closer, carefully strokes Yo's hair, taking in his son injuries, then looking around the room.

Pha wakes up, realising who it is quickly greets uncle. Uncle gives me and Pha a look, we follow him outside, Ming's just behind me. We walk to a room opposite to talk.

Lee is already there waiting for us, my new head of security and an old friend. He greets us and explains what he knows.

Yo's room lock was forced, signs of a struggle, it seemed Yo had broken the lamp on the assailant, they had blood samples and fingerprints. They would ask questions from the neighbours in the morning, and the full story would come from Wayo when he woke.

The guy is from a gang, his actions weren't random, Lee thinks they were up to more, so he has him on full surveillance right now. The guy didn't act like an amateur, so money was involved.

Did this have something to do with the message or because of who he was?

"P'Sing."

I turn when New calls my name.

He's a little hesitant but comes in and greets Uncle, before turning to us.

"Do you know about the website profile and someone selling Yo's number p?" he asks

I know very little, but Lee wants to hear the full thing. I introduce the two, with mine and uncle's assurance, he tells us, haltingly. He seems worried.

"Why not tell the school?" Lee's asking

"We had no real proof and..." he trails off

"New." I say

"Yo said leave it, we didn't want to upset him more. P'In and I have kept an eye out and... P'In.........he crashes the site often." He sighs.

Lee wants details and to talk to New's friend.

Uncles words are simple: Find out who and take care of every single one involved.

When we see nurses and a doctor run into Yo's room we hurry back, as we approach we hear him yelling. Shit. Inside, there's a nurse trying to grab him, he's yelling more, the doctors trying to sedate him, before anyone can do anything Pha moves past as all, he forcefully pushes the doctor away and holds Yo, rubbing his back, talking to him, telling him it's okay. Yo's shaking but calms down hearing Pha's voice.

The doctor tries to go near him again, but one look from Uncle has him backing away fast.

Yo turns his head and see's uncle, he holds out his hand, uncle grabs it quickly.

"Dad, I had a bad dream." He says in a shaky voice.

Uncle sits next to them and gently strokes his hair. Its Yo's favourite thing, he always asked uncle to do that when he wasn't well. He falls asleep, Pha gently lowers him down, slowly untangling his arms from around him.

The incident unsettled everyone, this isn't like Yo, how scared must he have been. It happened on a night Pha wasn't there, I don't like such coincidences. And if they weren't amateurs and money was involved, then the stakes are higher but they made a huge mistake. They touched Wayo.

Uncle is sitting on the sofa near the bed, quietly talking to Pha. I look at my phone when it vibrates.

Lee: Suspicious car and driver were seen nearby; my people say part of same group. They were planning abduction.

Sing: Be thorougher, don't do anything till we know the details.

Lee: Report it?

Sing: I'm not that kind.

Uncle always worried about Yo was too gentle, kind and naive. But uncle you don't have to, Yo is fine that way. He has me, and I can be as cruel as I need to be, to protect him. I just have to do it quietly, so Wayo never knows.