Chapter Thirteen - Venom

Start from the beginning

"If it follows us, we're toast." Harper whispers. I bite my lip, grabbing an empty soda can off of the ground.

"Don't you dare." Ally says. I glance at her before chucking it, aiming it right for the creature's face and making it. It bounces off of its face and it screeches, turning to us and climbing out of the dumpster.

"You idiot!" Harper exclaims. "Why would you do that?!"

"I thought it would run away!" I shout at her. Ally grabs mine and Harper's wrists, taking off down the sidewalk. She eventually lets go and we all run as fast as we can, throwing glances over our shoulders as we do. We turn a sharp left turn and stop, seeing how crowded this side of town is.

"Is he still following us?" Harper asks, trying to catch her breath. My heart hammers in my chest as I peek around the corner of the building.

"No. He's...gone."

"What was that thing?" Ally asks, her hands on her knees. She can't seem to catch her breath.

"Let's...let's just go to my apartment." I say slowly, starting off down the sidewalk again. They join me, and the three of us continue to throw glances over our shoulders as we walk.

"Did you see its tongue?" Ally asks, spinning around in my roller chair.

"And its eyes." Harper says from my floor. She's digging through her backpack, looking for her homework.

"Its skin looked like it was a suit," I say.

"Oh my god." Ally says, sitting up. "Its suit looked like the Spider-Man's."

It grows quiet. We just stare at each other, our jaws hanging open.

"You're right, it did." Harper says slowly.

"It can't be him. Can it?" I say.

"I hope not. But that...thing could ruin his reputation. What if people started seeing it and thinking it was the Spider-Man?" Ally says.

"The suit was black." Harper says flatly.

"But still," I say to Harper.

It grows quiet again.

"Have any of you actually had an encounter with the Spider-Man? You know, besides the whole elevator thing on our trip." Harper says.

"I have." I say quietly.

"You have?!" Harper and Ally exclaim at once.

"Yeah. In an alleyway."

"When?" Ally asks excitedly.

"Remember that one time in the coffee shop, when I told you I had to leave to go call my dad?" I ask. They nod. "Well, I was following Peter, being the creep I am. He totally disappeared so I went into this alley where I thought I saw him go into, and he wasn't there. But then, the Spider-Man shows up. And I totally made a fool of myself in front of him."

"So you lied to us to follow Peter." Harper concludes.

"And saw the Spider-Man in an alleyway." Ally adds.

"Yes."

"Cool," Harper says, sitting back. I start laughing.

"What?" She asks.

"You don't even care about the fact that I lied to you," I say with a grin.

"Of course not. If you hadn't lied to us you wouldn't have seen the Spider-Man." Harper says. Ally and I look at each other and start laughing.

"Whatever, let's just do homework or something." Harper says with a smile, pulling her folder out of her backpack. I look at Ally, who starts spinning in my roller chair again.

We just encountered and could've gotten killed by some monster, and now we're sitting in my room laughing like nothing ever happened.

I smile and lay back on my bed, laughing to myself.

Author's Note
Alright, I was going to stick to my original plan and use Vulture as the villain (which is why I added the Washington Monument scene in chapter six), but I decided not to because Vulture was used in Homecoming, so here we are with Venom! I'm really excited about this! Hope you enjoyed the chapter, and have a lovely day!!