Chapter 21: The Note

Start from the beginning

                “You guys don’t need to do all this for me…” I interrupted feeling guilty.

                “Don’t worry about it! We want to do this to Julie,” Ali said, Cora nodding beside her

                “Alright, it’s settled?” Ethan said.

                “Deal.”

                “Then each of us needs to have two creepy-looking dolls by Monday,” Ethan said. “And… I can get the keys.”

                “How are you going to do that?” I asked with doubt.

                “I have my ways,” he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

                “Right… well, I need to get going,” I said.

                “Why?” Ali asked, disappointed as I stood up.

                “I have a dentist appointment,” I lied.

                I really had an appointment with Dr. Allen again.

                I tried not to look directly at Sam as I said another goodbye to everyone and turned away. I was looking down, digging through my purse for my keys. I wasn’t paying much attention so when I opened the door I could hear a distinctive ‘clunk’ and looked up in surprise. Holding his head, in front of me stood that Stan guy that I had checked out my groceries. What a small world. He had a hand on his head and a surprised look on his face as he looked up at me.

                “Oh, gosh!” I exclaimed, stepping back into the ice cream shop.

                I quickly stepped into action and reached forward, moving his hand away from the area he was holding his head. There was a small read circle on his forehead.

                “I’m so sorry Stan!” I exclaimed, very embarrassed.

                “It’s alright… wait… how do you know my name?” he said, finally looking up.

                “You… Pick n’ Save…” I stuttered, hoping that he didn’t think of me as a creep.

                “Oh,” he said, recognizing me.

                Suddenly he changed complete tactics.

                “I know how you can make it up to me,” he said, leaning forward and slinging an arm around my shoulders. “You can get ice cream with me.”