Six

As the sunlight flickers through the green leaves, I slowly stand to awake Redmond and check on the harmed Huntsman. Giles is curled up on a blanket beside the burnt out fire, satchel as a pillow.

I lift the flap of the tent to awake Redmond only to see him sitting up, shirtless.

My eyes widen as I scan across his toned chest to see scars lining parts of his stomach. His arms are flexed as he rubs his eyes before he squints at me.

"Celeste?" He mumbles. "What's wrong?"

I snap out of my stupor. "I wanted to wake you to tell you breakfast is ready."

He grins softly. "You got food?"

I nod, a smile taking over my lips. "I take care of my men, remember? You three are easy to find food for."

He tugs his shirt on before clipping his cloak on, climbing out of the tent. I subtly watch as he stretches and turns to loosen himself before I move to check on Roland's form.

His blue eyes are barely open as he stares at me, the crystal-like orbs peer at me in disbelief.

"I must've gone to Heaven, how else would I see a beauty like you?" He flirts, delirious from pain.

I grin. "You wish, Huntsman. The trolls saved me."

He smiles widely. "You're much more resourceful than I anticipated. Redmond is quite smart for not knowing much about life."

My smile falters before dropping completely. "You're healthy enough to walk, we must hurry to catch up on lost time."

He groans and he slowly pulls himself up before the smell of cooked food catches his attention.

"You got us breakfast?" He questions softly as he shuffles towards the fire pit.

I nod. "You three were kidnapped, my Alpha instincts kicked in."

His hand lands on my shoulder in a reassuring gesture. "You're an Angel, sent from Heaven."

I shrug him off. "Far from that, actually. Eat up while I scavenge for something to help dull your pain."

He sits besides Giles before grabbing his sword with a cry of joy.

"My baby!"

Laughter echoes around us as the three of them sit around and enjoy the cooked deer. I turn my back to them, heading out to find herbs.

By the time I finally get back to the camp, I can tell it's been looted and my men are suited up. They await patiently for me to return while I offer Roland the herbs.

"Eat these, it will help."

He nods and obeys my orders before we take off again. Red's satchel hangs from his shoulder, a new cloak hanging over it. Giles is wearing a cloak and some armor while Roland has another sword on his opposite hip.

We walk miles in silence before someone breaks.

"So, Alpha, why did you come back?"

I lift my gaze up to see Giles standing beside me.

"My pack means more to me than anything. The offer Redmond gave me is what will cure my females, and help my men survive. Plus, one of you belong to me therefore my instincts make me want to protect you."

All their eyes scan each other before they land on Redmond, who's face is bright red in embarrassment.

"I belong to you?"

I smile sheepishly. "Yes, and I will explain later."

He laughs and wraps an arm over my shoulders. "That's perfectly fine with me, Celeste."