WE LOVED.

"I love you. The way you carry yourself alone is the most beautiful thing about you. Your confidence radiates in waves whether you realize it or not. Then you're just gorgeous, your eyes and that smile— god, that smile. I'm unapologetically in love with you. I just want to protect you and make sure no one ever takes away the light you radiate."

"You're in love with me?"

"Yes. You have my whole heart."

Sparks fly in the most beautiful way. In that moment, Dinah didn't care that the feelings weren't reciprocated. She just kissed her, putting her whole emotion into the kiss. She could still feel the tear-tracks on the girl's cheeks and could taste the saltiness on her lips. It was a beautiful moment shared between the two. Normani would never forget the way Dinah pulled away with a pretty sparkle in her eye after seeing she'd made the dark-skinned woman smile and how she proceeded to kiss any stray tears away until she laughed at the airy and quick kisses that made her cheeks tickle.

Someone loved her. Someone was in love with her.  It was unknown to her on how anyone could fathom dating her, let alone falling in love.

When they met Normani was small and timid. Confidence was a foreign feeling and self-love was something she never experienced until she met the blonde. The woman only did so subconsciously. She made Normani feel like she was the most beautiful girl on earth, that anyone the woman stood next to should be thankful.

She remembered the first time she confessed her feelings. She had to learn to love herself before she was able to give Dinah what she deserved. Normani had always felt bad when Dinah would whisper an 'I love you' through the speaker of her phone after a sweet call. The way the word would roll off Dinah's tongue was something she envied. She was worried that she'd never be able to voice just how much she loved her and how complete she made her feel. The youngest never pressed about it, because she was understanding and too perfect and it scared her.

It was a beautiful day, the two had been on a date. They'd moved the date to a park and Normani stared at her girlfriend with a big grin as she laughed loudly trying to get through some corny joke she had found. She told the punchline causing her to lean over, clutching her stomach as she laughed. She had calmed a bit and the words had tumbled out before she could stop herself. She truly did. She loved Dinah, so much. The happiness that showcased in that moment was how Dinah made her heart feel. Her stomach was doing somersaults as Dinah simply returned the words and grabbed ahold of Normani's hand.

The brunette turned to her, gazing at their joined hands. "You have my whole heart too."

"I'm a lucky girl."

"A cute one too."

"Says you." She shoots back with a playful glint in her eye. She brings her hand up to her lips and kisses the soft skin of her hand. "I promise, I'll never hurt you."

"I believe you."