~13~

Tord stared at me.. It was clear that he was scared.. Maybe terrified of what I've become. I was a monster, and just that. Would he be scared enough to run? Will he shoot me with that pistol he always kept in his belt loop? Or will he capture me and do awful experiments to learn more about the monsters roaming outside?

I felt tears roll down my cheeks and I closed my eyes. I heard some shuffling. At first, I thought this was it. I was sure he was grabbing his pistol and aiming it at me. I was sure.. Until I felt a pair of arms pull me close.

I was surprised.. Why Isn't he killing me? I'm a monster... One of them!

"Tom." His voice was surprisingly calm. "I want you to tell me what happened. Don't leave anything out." His soft, kind voice forced me to relax. I was too shaken at the moment to speak, so I just nodded.

"I'll give you some time to calm down. For now, we'll keep this side of you a secret." He led me to my bed and sat me down, he sat next to me and sighed. "Tom, how long have you known you were like.. This?"

"I didn't until now." I tried to keep my voice steady.

"Do you know how it might have happened?"

"I had a glass of water with these weird.. Purple flakes in it."

"You drank it." Tord put a hand on his forehead. "Tom, why would you drink something that looked suspicious?

"I had a killer hangover..." Tord chuckled softly at my response.

"Classic Stupid Tom.. Of course you were hungover.." I smiled. He didn't say that in a mocking way.. It was friendly. I could tell he was trying to lighten the mood. Maybe he was even trying to cheer me up? 

He patted my back and stood up. "Are you able to change back? Cause if not, I'll have to explain this to the whole army." I shrugged.

"Alright, Tommy. I'll give you until morning to see if you're able to change back." He made his way to the door and smiled softly at me. "Sleep sweet my little monster."

With that, he opened the door and left. My little monster? Tommy? All these nicknames he's giving me are pretty strange.. Kind off out of character for him. Maybe Edd and Matt will know something about his behavior. They do know him better than I do.. Considering we used to hate each other.

I thumped my scaly tail on the bed and poked at my horns. Was it possible to change back to my normal self..? Or am I just stuck like this? If I'm stuck, that would suck.. Everyone would constantly be scared of me. I shouldn't even be here if I'm a monster..

Wait. How come I look just like the monsters out there, but I still have all my emotions and memories? I was certain that those monsters didn't remember anything and that they were just monstrous, hallow shells.   

Would the monsters be able to tell that I'm different? This could be a huge advantage to humanity! I smiled and started to feel confidence. I could be the one to take out all the monsters!

Then again, this is just a theory.. They might be able to tell I'm different. Or maybe they're smart enough to notice that I'm not attacking any humans. Maybe they have the intelligence of a human being. 

I laid down and flattened my dark, purplish, wolf like ears. What if they were gathering and planning an attack? Tord, Edd, Matt.. Everyone could be in danger..

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Don't get yourself all worked up.. I don't feel like having a panic attack at the moment. I cleared my mind and started to drift off to sleep. I shouldn't worry too much.. Tord's base has sturdy walls so it's not just like a monster can burst through a wall at any time. It also seems that Tord has excepted this part of me.. Well, for the most part. I could still see the fear in his eyes while he left.

I also think I saw something else in his eyes.. Warmth and..

I shook my head and dismissed the thought.  

I slowly drifted to sleep, and was greeted with nothing but darkness.

;0; Thank you so much for 5.9k readers! I has a big audience.. The pressure is on I guess! But I'm ready for the challenge. Also.. Sorry for the long wait.. I'm alright and I'm ready to write! See you next time!

Words: 779