~7~

Tord left to go get some rest. Apparently he had been working on paper work all night. I never knew the commie had the patience to do stuff like that. Edd was laying on his bed and I was on mine, we were getting ready to sleep.

"Hey Tom?" I heard Edd, he sounded worried.

"Yeah Edd?"

"Will Tord let us go home?" I sat there not saying anything. He probably wouldn't but I didn't want to make Edd worried. What am I supposed to say? The obvious truth, or an obvious lie?

"I honestly don't know Edd, why don't you ask him tomorrow?" I heard him sigh and shift in his bed. We were staying in the infirmary until further notice. Edd and Matt are still injured, Matt hasn't woken up yet. He seemed to be the most hurt out of all three of us. Me? I feel fine, strangely. 

Ever since Edd has woken up he's seemed to be acting strange around me. I can read peoples' emotions easily, I can see slight fear in his eyes whenever he looks at me. I'm starting to wonder what happened when I blacked out in his apartment. I never did get to ask Tord all the questions I wanted to. He said he wanted to ask me a few things too, but never got around to doing it. I could see the exhaustion in his eyes.

I could hear the sound of soft snoring, I guess Edd fell asleep. I started thinking back to me and Tord's conversation earlier. He said he was the leader of a whole army.. Guess that explains the giant robot, right? Not to mention his secret lab in my room. When I first saw all that crap I started wondering where he got all the money to do all that. 

I started thinking of other 'things'. Things regarding my dream, or should I say nightmare. Was that me I saw in the mirror, or just a monster? Why would I even look like that, it was terrifying. Usually the only thing I'm scared of is thunder and Matt's apartment. Who needs that many pictures of them self?!

I sighed in annoyance and pulled the blanket over me, I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

It was pitch black. I was outside in a forest, lush in bushes and other greenery. It would be peaceful if it wasn't for that uneasy feeling that hung over me like the shadows under the trees. I started to walk, where? I don't know. I do this a lot, I just let my legs take me wherever the wind goes. I stared at the ground, the sound of dead leaved and grass crunching under my feet. I heard a loud twig snap and I froze.

"Hello?" I tried to sound calm, but I couldn't help the shakiness in my voice. I heard a low growl, it sounded like it was surrounding me, Like when I'm listening to music with my earbuds in. I wearily took a step forward, gradually picking up speed as I walked.

I was full out running now, I didn't know why though until I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see what was following me and what I saw scared me. I stopped and stared in horror, it was me.. but not me.

I was in my monster form. My double stopped and look at me, a grin spread across his face showing his many sharp teeth. He stepped closer to me, a purple smoke coming out of his eyes.

"Hello Thomas." 

"Who are you?" My voice was still shaky, by this point my double was right in front of me. He was slightly taller, I could see his scaly spiky tail  swaying behind him.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm you, and I'm glad you could finally meet me."

"What do you mean? Th-there's no way you're me." I could hear him chuckle.

"But there is Thomas. Remember the water you drank, with the purple flakes?" I nodded, remembering. I drank the water thinking it was my hangover making me see things.

"That water was contaminated by waste. The waste was put into a huge body of water, which was also a water source for a largely populated spot here. Many people drank the water and caused them to turn into blood thirsty beasts, thus making us."

I didn't know how to process all this. This 'thing' was me, and I was it. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"If I'm supposed to be you, why am I not tearing Edd and Matt apart right now?"

"You're different, I have no intentions of killing them. Yet." I opened my eyes and stared him in the eyes, anger rising up in my chest. It could be dangerous confronting this monster, but it's like he's wanting me to. There was a look of mischief in his eyes. 

"If you lay a claw on Edd and Matt, I swear to Jehovah I will shoot you with the very harpoon I shot Tord with!" I growled, I could see my double start fading, he still had that grin on his face. I felt a stab of pain hit my head and I fell to my knees in pain. I heard the cracking of bones, my bones. I managed to look at my hands, they were turning purple and I was growing claws.

 Everything went black and I opened my eyes to see myself back in the infirmary. Everything seemed normal, It was dark but I could see Edd and Matt sleeping soundly. My mouth was dry and I slowly stood up, hoping to explore and find a place I could get water.

My eyes adjusted to the darkness and I saw Stace at her desk, of course she was asleep. I rolled my nonexistent eyes and opened the door, it made a loud creek and I froze, Stace groaned and raised her head.

"Tom? What are you doing?"

"Uh, I was thirsty.."  She got up and moved me out of the way of the door.

"Let me get it. If Red Leader found out I let you explore, he would have my head. That's not sarcasm either." With that she left. I huffed and sat in her chair. It's surprisingly comfortable, no wonder she keeps falling asleep on the job.

Hello! Sorry for not updating yesterday, I'm a very lazy person and I was very busy for most of the day. I just wanted to rest and take it easy. Same reason why this is coming out so late! Well, tomorrow is Sunday so It's my day off. I only have four more days of school until summer break, that means many updates! See ya Monday!!

1105 words!!