~12~

I laid in bed and stared at the ceiling. I let Tom tie with me.. I'm trying to get on good terms with him since he hates me the most. To tell the truth, I kinda like Tom... In the friend kind of way! I like how stubborn he can be sometimes.

A few hours had passed since the competition.. I honestly didn't expect Tom to be so good at shooting. Then again, he did shoot me out of the sky. He almost shot that harpoon right through me. I sat up on my bed and dangled my feet over the edge.

I wanted so badly to sleep, but the army was just too loud partying. A thought came to my mind... What if they're too loud? Will it disturb those 'things' outside? We still don't know what they are capable of. At least yet.... I've been getting weapons prepared to capture a few and experiment on them. 

I heard a small thump come from Tom's room and stood up. Don't tell me he's drunk..

I made my way to the door and walked out into the hall. I made my way to Tom's room and heard a few strange noises.. I pressed my ear up to the door and heard some faint whispering.

Was Tom talking to himself?

"Tom? You okay in there?" I lightly knocked on the door. I heard a small cough.

"I- I'm fine Tord!" Tom's voice seem a little.. Off. It was hard to explain.

"Tom, I'm coming in." I slowly started opening the door but it was quickly slammed shut.

"I said I'm fine!" Alright... This is getting weird. Tom's voice sounds a bit deeper and I think he growled a little. Yes, Tom growls sometimes but this one sounded like a dog.

"Tom open this door." I tried to sound as sweet and gentle as possible. Tom seemed pretty freaked out about something and I don't want to scare him more.

"I can't Tord.. I just can't."

"And why is that?" There was a long pause before I got a response.

"Because.. You'll be scared of me."

"Tom. Why would I be scared of you?" I heard  sliding on the door and figured he sat down. To make him more comfortable, I sat against the door as well.

"I can't let you in until I trust you enough not to freak out.." I heard small shuffling on the other side as well as a small whimper. I don't understand why, but this small sound broke my heart. It was like hearing a small animal whine in pain.. It was just heart breaking.

"Alright Tom.. How about this. I ask you a question and if you answer honestly, you can ask me anything and i'll answer honestly." 

"Okay.."

"What's wrong, Tom?" I was scared to start with that question, but it was the only one I really wanted an answer to at the moment.

Silence..

"Tom?" 

"Oh sorry.. I zoned out." He chuckled weakly. I could tell he was in pain.

"You don't have to answer that if you don't want." I sighed in defeat. I felt the door start to open behind me and I fell back onto his floor. When I looked up the room was dark and Tom wasn't there. I stood up and walked in.

"Tom?"

"Before I c-come out, can you close the door?" Tom sounded nervous.. Very very nervous. I slowly closed the door and by this point the room was completely dark.

"Alright Tom, come on out." 

No answer.. I groaned in frustration and made my way to his bed. I turned on the lamp and waited for my eyes to adjust to the now lit up room. I heard a small sniffle and I turned around to see Tom in the corner..

 Wait..

"Tom?!"

I'm sorry for not updating in forever.. Because there is kind of a cliff hanger i'll try to update tomorrow! 

Bye bye!

Words: 662