Part 11

"Tell me, son" he said in a serene voice. His eyes were closed, but he could see it very well. The boy he trained for so many years as part of his plan.

"Have you found the girl?"

Kawaki stood still and didn't answered him quickly. It's been more than 3 weeks since they heard the girl left the Hidden Leaf Village.

"No" he mumbled while still bowing to his master. He hoped that he didn't heard him, but unfortunately, a blind person will automatically ampliphy his other senses.

He heard his master took a big breath before motioning his puppets to punch him. Kawaki let out a painful groan, but tried to stay strong.

"Kawaki..." he started, "Do I have to remind you how important is this war?"

"...No"

"No, what?"

"....No, master"

"Good" he smirked, "Now tell me, what's the task I assigned you? What is your mission?"

"To bring you the Hokage's daughter"

"Exactly. Now, care to tell me why you haven't completed your assignment?"

The boy hesitated, "B-because.." he clenched his fist in frustration. There wasn't any excuse, he thought it was an easy task.

And she proved him wrong.

"No excuse?" his master said. "You know what this means right?"

The puppets grabbed Kawaki's arms, ready to take him away for his punishment. The boy struggled, knowing what was gonna happen.

"Wait! I can bring her to you." he said with determination. "Just give me one more chance, Toneri-sama"

Toneri senses the boy's determination and made the puppets leave him. "Remember the night I found you?"

"I was an orphan, running away from some villagers who wanted to kill me" the boy looked at his red curse mark. "Because of this.."

"I spared your life and took you as my apprentice" Toneri replied, "Since that day you vowed to never failed me. But you did, in this task"

Kawaki was about to protest but the Otsusuki raised his hand and continued, "I'll give you one last chance, knowing that you species are...unpure"

Then he raised his voice, "Now go, and bring me the girl alive"

"Hai, Toneri-sama" he replied while leaving his master alone.

"Naruto.." Toneri clenched his fist. "I lost against you once, but I'm back and soon I'll get my revenge"

Then his face showed a genuine smile as he thought about the person that took his heart.

"Hinata-sama...how could you fall for such an unpure specimen like him? What does he have that I don't?" he said while remembering the Hyuga heiress, leaving his side to spend her life with the Nine Tails Junchūriki.

He put his hand on his face, remembering the pain he felt when the woman of his life, took his Tenseigan away.

"Your actions defined the way I am, Byakugan Princess" he sighed. "But there's a new way to get what I want"

He smirked as he remembered that nice, summer day that a new prodigy arrived at Konoha. It's chakra was bright, her pureness was one of a kind and it's strenght, unimaginable.

For him, it was a pity that nobody dared to developed it fully once the girl showed the first signals at the age of six.

"Don't worry, Himawari..." he mumbled, "..soon you'll me in my hands."