Daphne shrugged, "You know she should be back by now..." She mused, briefly glancing at the door. But it remained firmly shut.

"I wonder what Snape's got her doing..." Zabini mused.

"Probably lines" I replied, absentmindedly.

"Snape was really pissed, I doubt it's something as easy as lines..." Zabini muttered.

Daphne shrugged, "Probably making her write another essay..." She mumbled.

And I laughed, "Well if it's that, then I think I've won the war!" I declared, triumphantly.

Blaise rolled his eyes.

"Well..." Daphne said, "I for one, wish it that that easy."

"You guys..." I started, leaning my arms behind me, "make a big deal out of not-"

"Nothing?" Daphne spat, looking up at me with narrowed eyes, "You guys were in the infirmary for a week last year!"

"After which we agreed to a peace treaty!" I reasoned.

Zabini and Daphne blanched, looking at me with wide eyes. "And that's supposed to make it all ok-"

But Daphne was cut off by a commotion near the door and all of us looked up see Carina shoving her way past a gang of first years, looking disoriented.

Daphne stood up instantly, but Carina didn't even glance around the room to look for any familiar faces like she always did, instead she stumbled her way to the dormitory doors, bumping into various other students lurking around, her face distressed and her hair a mess.

"Carina!" Daphne called just before she reached the doors leading to the dormitory staircase, and she stopped her body going rigid.

In one split second she was hurtling towards Daphne,  and her body crashed into Daphne's so fiercely that Daphne stumbled back with their combined weight.

"What's..." Daphne started, but her voice shot down an octave, "What's wrong?"

Blaise and I exchanged looks as we both got up.

Carina shook her head, her eyes shut as she hugged Daphne, but Daphne wasn't hearing any of it.

"Care." Daphne whispered, pulling away to hold Carina's shoulders at arms-length, "What happened? Did Snape do anything?"

Carina face soured, before it went back to its frantic state, "He..." she started, her voice scratchy, "He..."

I walked over to them, coming to stand next to Daphne as she asked anxiously, "What did he make you do?"

Carina shook her head, "He... and mum! My parents!" she whispered frantically, running her hands through her head as if her thoughts were too scattered to make sense of, "The wedding!" She exclaimed, her words rushed, throwing her hand up in the air and then looking at Daphne with a deranged expression, "I'm not...I...I'm not...me." She stuttered, "Mum lied."

"What?" Daphne cried, holding Carina's hands down to stop her from pulling her own hair out, "Care, you need to breathe okay?"

Carina began to shake her head again, but Daphne shook her shoulders instead, "Carina," She whispered lowly, urgently.

But Carina was already opening her mouth when I decided to intervene, "Carina?" I called out softly, as I leaned close to Daphne, coming into her field of vision.

The effect was instantaneous. Carina stepped back forcefully, causing Daphne's hands to fall limply by their sides and looked up at us with a horrified expression. Her face went through lots of emotions then, from horrified to scared to guilty before it finally settled on dread.