Chapter 16

Murdoc tossed and turned in his bed. He couldn't stop thinking about Russel's proposal. He turned onto his back and looked into the black, dark room.

"Russel, you're making me anxious for the wedding." Murdoc said to himself. Of course, no one heard him. He lied awake for who knows how long, until his eyes closed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Murdoc awoke the next morning, not remembering falling asleep. He scratched his head as he sat up. He looked around, noticing the lack of sound in the other rooms.

"Why's it so quiet?" Murdoc mumbled as he put on his jeans. He creaked the door open and looked outside. Still no sound. He tiptoed down the steps, and listened. "What?! Are they all dead?!" Murdoc whispered loudly. He ran up to Russel's room and banged on it loudly. "Russ! Russ! Russ! Open up!" He cried.

Murdoc jiggled the doorknob and thrusted his whole body into the door, only to hurt is shoulder. "DAMN IT!" Murdoc sobbed.

"Murdoc, what is going on up there?!" Russel shouted from downstairs.

"Russel?!" Murdoc gasped and he ran as fast as he could to his boyfriend.

"Murdo-OW!" Russel was shoved into the wall by Murdoc, who hugged him as hard as he could.

"Where were you?!"

"Uh, at the store? I left a note on the fridge. Did you read it?"

"No."

Russel gave Murdoc a disappointed expression. "If we were to adopt kids and live in a house without 2-D and Noodle, you wouldn't make a great father."

"Yeah, I know."

Russel kissed Murdoc's forehead and ruffled his hair. "But I still love you."

Murdoc grinned. "Yay!"

Russel and Murdoc walked into the kitchen and started making breakfast. Murdoc watched Russel make homemade French toast and smiled. He thought about how wonderful life would be being Russel's partner.

"Russ, I couldn't stop thinking about getting married last night. Do you think about it now that you've proposed?" Murdoc asked as he looked at his ring.

"Yea."

"What do you want to have happen in it?"

"Well, I don't want it to be expensive, but I want it to be enjoyable. Something... Memorable. Special. Magnificent."

"Of course." Murdoc leaned onto Russel's shoulder.

They both blushed, but continued doing what they wanted. Murdoc still watched Russel make food, but also thought more on the wedding. He wanted it to be something they'd never ever forget. He wanted it to be like something that no one could ever imagine. He wanted it to be the way he wanted it. But it couldn't be like that. He wanted to make Russel proud, but what he visioned would make Russel only worry about Murdoc and what he wants.

"Russ, maybe after you finish the French toast, can we talk about planning our wedding?" Murdoc said, sounding more concerned than happy.

"Sure. Why not?" Russel agreed.

After a bit of waiting, and 2-D and Noodle joining them for breakfast, Russel and Murdoc sat in Russel's room and chatted a bit about the wedding, but kept their voices quiet so the others wouldn't hear about the plans.

"I think that's a great idea, Russ!" Murdoc said as they listed thing that they would need.

"Thanks." Russel blushed. "Now, where do you want the wedding at?"

Murdoc thought. "Well... Hmmm..."

"I was thinking, like, outside in the backyard."

"Yeah, we could do that! So that way we don't pay for a really expensive place!"

"Alright. We need to invite people. I was thinking of having Noodle be the flower girl, and 2-D being the ring bearer."

"Yeah, they'd be good at that."

"But, who to invite?"

"Yeah..."

The pair thought and thought for minutes, but couldn't think of anyone who would actually show up.

"What about all the music artists who've helped us over the years?" Murdoc suggested.

"Yeah, but what if they're busy? And some of them have died. They would've loved to come see our wedding."

"I know, but not everyone can get a chance to see these things."

"Yeah. Maybe we can invite a few."

Murdoc hugged Russel's arm. "Like Grace Jones, and De La Soul, and Jenny Beth, and Damon Albarn, and Jamie Hewlett, and some others?"

Russel nodded and kissed Murdoc's forehead. "I mean, if they're free."

Murdoc squealed.

"What time of the year should we have it?" Russel giggled. "I was thinking, late Spring, or, early Summer."

"Yeah, early Summer!" Murdoc clenched his fists together and grinned.

"Stop being cute, man!" Russel hugged the bassist and dropped his pen and clipboard.

((I'm back from this long hiatus! I actually wrote this chapter sometime in November. I just never got around to posting it for some reason.))