Chapter 8

Murdoc quickly sat up, sweating.

"Oh, it was just a dream!" He said to himself.

He felt beside him. Next to him was his bunny plush. He felt more to his left and put his hand on Russel's shoulder. He flinched, and looked at Russel, who was still asleep.

"What the?" Murdoc whispered. "Did, did I..." He thought for a moment, bewildered. "I fell asleep when Russel-"

Just then, Russel sat up and turned his head towards Murdoc, who was a nervous wreck.

"Murdoc, are you okay?" Russel yawned.

"Uh.." Murdoc blushed.

"Were you talking to yourself a minute ago?"

"You heard me?"

"Yeah, I heard you in my sleep."

"Oh."

"You fell asleep quickly, and I didn't want to disturb you, so I just let you sleep in here. You looked really cute, too."

Murdoc's face turned a brighter red. He hugged his bunny close to him as Russel hugged him.

"I'm still not used to this whole dating thing." Murdoc sighed.

"Me too." Russel replied as he ran his fingers through Murdoc's hair.

"I'm just nervous about what others will think and if it'll impact our fans."

"Yeah."

Murdoc blushed and curled up closer to Russel. He closed his eyes. The room was silent; the only thing Murdoc could hear was Russel's heartbeat and his quiet breathing. He and Russel soon drifted off to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sun shined through the window in Russel's room, making the room a little brighter. Murdoc rubbed his eyes from the bright light and wrapped his arm around Russel.

Russel turned over and slowly opened his eyes. He blushed at seeing how close Murdoc was to him. He put his hand on the back of Murdoc's neck and kissed him.

Murdoc's eyes widened as his face turned a bright red. He softly shoved him away with panic.

"I-I'm sorry, Murdoc! You looked so cute, a-and I-"

"Sorry, I'm just not used to it."

Russel sat up. "I guess I'm used to it, but I'm not sure how to express my feelings properly."

Murdoc sat up and wrapped his arm around Russel's arm. "Yeah, but we'll get used to being in a relationship, right?"

"Yeah. It'll just take some time." Russel kissed Murdoc's forehead reassuringly. Murdoc snickered as Russel rubbed his hair. "Man, you really need to stop being cute." Russel jokingly said.

"What if I don't want to?" Murdoc said.

Russel smiled. He continued petting Murdoc's hair and admiring him. "Murdoc, I've been wondering somethin' for the past few days."

"And what's that?"

"When did you start liking me like this?"

Murdoc blushed at the thought. When was the first time he felt this way about the drummer? "I think it was about... When we made the Clint Eastwood video, or maybe the Rock The House video."

Russel widened his eyes a little. "So, you've had a crush on me for years now. I-I never knew."

Murdoc scratched the back if his head. "Yeah, I tried to tell you, but I was embarrassed. I tried impressing you off and on, but I knew you'd never be interested. I felt so nervous I ended up not trying, but I still loved you."

Russel hugged the bassist. "Well, I'm glad you told me."

Murdoc smiled. "Yeah..."

"Why don't we head downstairs and see 2-D and Noodle, alright?"

Murdoc nodded as Russel carried him downstairs. The lights were off, but the soft glow of the sun peered through the curtains.