Chapter 10

Murdoc contently made him and Russel some coffee, and looked out the window while the coffee was being heated. Rain poured down onto the dead grass in the backyard; the skies were dark shades of gray, making everything gloomy. "I can't believe that me and Russ are dating." He thought to himself. "It feels like it was only yesterday that I told him."

Russel peered into the kitchen from the couch. He smiled at how caring Murdoc was becoming: making coffee for each other, opening up about his feelings. He felt as if this was the real Murdoc, and not the one who hadn't seem to have cared, but deep down, Russel always knew Murdoc had good in him.

"Russ, the coffee is ready." Murdoc said as he set the cups on the coffee table.

"Thank you, cutie." Russel said as he ran his fingers through the bassist's black hair.

Murdoc smiled and hugged the drummer.

"Y'know, I've been thinking. I promised that we'd go on a date, right?" Russel started.

"Yeah?" Murdoc sat up and started getting butterflies in his stomach.

"Well, do you want to go on one today?"

Murdoc blushed. "T-Today?"

"Yeah. Like, maybe go for a walk, go down to a restaurant, something like that?"

"But it's rainy today. We'd get soaked!"

"Murdoc, we shouldn't worry about the weather. Our date is about us spending time with each other! I want to have fun with you, no matter what comes."

Murdoc shyly smiled. "Well... I guess. I'd rather walk when it's sunny."

"Okay. Maybe we could get something to eat?" Russel said as he grabbed his coffee mug.

"Sure. Like what?"

"Hmm... Whatever we can agree on." Russel smiled and kissed Murdoc's cheek.

Murdoc smiled and hugged Russel. "Sushi, perhaps?"

"Yeah, I'd be down for that."

"Then sushi it is!" Murdoc said, grinning.