Chapter 5

Russel walked upstairs to check on Murdoc. He quietly knocked on the door. "Hey, Murdoc. It's Russ." He said through the door.

"Come in!" Murdoc said.

Russel opened the door and closed it as he walked in. Murdoc was laying down on his bed. Still sick, but starting to feel well.

"You feelin' any better?" Russel asked as he sat on the bed.

"Only a little. Why're you here, anyway?"

"Just wanted to check on you." Russel put his hand on Murdoc's hair and softly rubbed it. "You look awfully cute right now."

Murdoc slightly smiled. "You haven't told 2-D and Noodle yet, have you?"

"Noodle already knows, and has been very supportive of it. 2-D still doesn't know, but he'll find out sooner or later."

"I just hope he supports this relationship. If I know him, he'd be all for it."

"Yeah."

Murdoc stared at the ground with a sad expression on his face. He grabbed Russel's hand and rubbed the back of it with his thumb.

"Is there something wrong?" Russel asked worryingly.

"I'm just worried if he'll actually support us, and what others would think." Murdoc sighed.

Russel noticed a tear roll down the side of Murdoc's face. He wiped away the tear and leaned over to give Murdoc a kiss on his cheek.

"Russ, what if this relationship doesn't work out?!" Murdoc turned away and hid his face in his pillow.

"Murdoc, I'll try to get it to work!" Russel put his hand on Murdoc's shoulder.

Murdoc looked back at Russel. "Y-You'll do that? How?"

"By being the best man you've ever known. I'll try my best to be loving and caring, no matter what."

Murdoc sat up and put his hand on the side of Russel's face. "Thank you."

Russel wrapped his arms around Murdoc, pulling him closer. "You're welcome."

Murdoc leaned in closer. "You look so handsome."

Russel leaned in and touched lips with the bassist and softly rubbed his back.

Murdoc blushed and wrapped his arms around Russel's neck.