Chapter 11

Russel and Murdoc drove home from the restaurant they went to. The sun was setting in the distance, making the sky orange and pale blue. The highway wasn't so crowded as it usually was, making the scenery around them beautiful, calming, and reassuring.

Murdoc looked at Russel, who was the one driving. He looked calm and happy. Despite only being able to hear the sound of the car on the pavement, not wanting to disturb the silence, Murdoc continued to look at Russel. He blushed and tried looking away, but couldn't.

"Murdoc, I know you're looking at me." Russel said, smiling.

"Sorry. I-I know you're tryin' to focus on the road and all, but-"

"Naw, man. It's okay."

Murdoc looked forward. He felt embarrassed, but knew he had no reason to be.

"You okay?" Russel asked him.

"Uh, I'm not sure."

"Well, we're almost home. If you need to rest, you can do that."

Murdoc nodded and looked out the side window at the sky. It was dark now. Dark clouds covering the dark sky, and buildings blocking most of it; the city lights being what made the surroundings more like home to the band.

They finally arrived home. Murdoc peeked into one of the windows, only seeing a dim lamp light through the old curtains covering them. Russel unlocked the door and slowly opened it.

Noodle was asleep on the couch; 2-D sitting in a chair, watching an old black and white movie. Murdoc looked through the door and smiled.

"Hey, 2-D." Russel whispered.

"Hey, Russ!" 2-D said. "You're home."

"Yeah, me and ol' Murdoc went out for sushi."

"That sounds nice!"

"Yeah, and the car ride home was relaxing."

"It was." Murdoc said.

Russel fluffed Murdoc hair and giggled. "He's been cute all day."

2-D smiled. "He has?"

"Yeah, and he made me some coffee." Russel picked up Murdoc and lightly kicked the door closed. "Tasted good."

Murdoc blushed and tried covering his face. "You're embarrassing me..." He lowly growled.

"Sorry, cutie." Russel kissed Murdoc's chin.

"Russ, stop it!"

"Fine. I'm still gonna carry you, though."

Murdoc crossed his arms and cuddled closer to him. 2-D continued to watch his movie, and Russel was about to sit down in front of the couch. Just as he was about to, Murdoc opened his eyes.

"Russ, could you get me my bunny from my room? And maybe get a blanket?" Murdoc whispered.

"Sure." Russel replied and set Murdoc down. He walked up the stairs to Murdoc's room.

Murdoc looked in the direction of the stairs and smiled. 2-D giggled, gaining Murdoc's attention.

"What?!" Murdoc snarled.

"You really like Russel, don't you?" 2-D snickered.

"Shut up, you don't have to state the obvious!" He blushed.

"I know, I know. Just teasing you."

Russel came back with Murdoc's stuffed animal. "Here you go, cutie." He handed it to him, making Murdoc grin widely.

"Thank you, Russ!" Murdoc said, cuddling the plush.

"You're welcome." Russel sat next to him, and set Murdoc on his lap.

"Russ, you're so nice to me. I love you."

"I love you too, man." Russel kissed his forehead.

2-D blushed at how awkward his surroundings were. The movie he was watching ended, so he had nothing to do except for watching Russel and Murdoc flirt and kiss each other.

"Russ...!" Murdoc giggled as Russel kissed his neck.

"Man, stop movin' around." Russel said, in between kisses.

"Sorry, but I'm ticklish there." 

Russel looked at Murdoc suggestively. "Where else are you ticklish?"

Murdoc's face turned red as he stared at Russel. He smirked and started giggling again, making Russel chuckle and continue kissing him.

2-D looked on at them with worry and awkwardness. He stood up, accidentally interrupting them.

Russel looked up and blushed. "Uh, sorry. Do you want us to move, or-"

"No, no, you two are fine. I'm just... Going to bed. So, um... Goodnight." 2-D patted their heads and walked upstairs.

Murdoc frowned. "Oh, normally I wouldn't say this, but I wonder if he's okay." He sighed, feeling guilty.

"Yeah, I wonder if our actions towards each other made him feel awkward."

Murdoc looked at his feet, then his bunny, then his hands. He felt something he hadn't strongly felt since they almost lost Noodle: guilt and depression. He sighed and hugged his stuffed animal close to him. Russel hugged Murdoc.

"Is everything okay?" He asked.

"I don't know... Ever since you and I got together, I always get shy when expressing my feelings towards you in front of 2-D. Sure, he's understanding and caring and all, but what he just did makes me feel... Bad." Murdoc responded. "I feel ashamed, and I bet he feels the same. You know what I mean?"

Russel nodded and stroked Murdoc's hair. Murdoc closed his eyed and cuddled close to Russel, feeling warm and hearing his breathing and heartbeat, he fell asleep within minutes.