Chapter Thirty-Nine

Start from the beginning

She's in denial. Just great. Why play games with me? I know for a fact that she like him, literally everybody knows but Chris himself.

"Jenny-" I start.

"Seriously I'm fine," she assure "you can have him...I don't want him"

I blink "What?"

That makes it sound like she's allowing me to have him. Besides, why is she suddenly willing to let him go?

"I want a guy like Lloyd from saying anything... The kind that would stand outside my window with a boombox" she half-smiles "Marcus will never be that guy" with that she leaves my sight.

What does that even mean? He will never be that guy? So she no longer has a feeling for him, cause I don't buy that for one second. I honestly hate high school drama.

I begin to head towards the boy's locker room where I find the football team beginning to enter.

"Chris" I call.

He turns around to face me, along with Ned, Blake, and Sam. Sam looks annoyed that I hadn't left town, Blake rolls his eyes, and Ned points his index finger at his open mouth, in disgust as I kiss Chris's lips.

"You came" he smiles, pulling away from me.

Of course, I would come. My friends were out there playing.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world" I smile before kissing him again. "You're all sweaty" I laugh.

"Sorry" he half smiles.

"Don't be" I smile "I don't mind" I kiss him again.

"Come on Chris" Blake calls from the locker room door.

"Wait here," Chris tells me "I'll be quick"

"See you soon" I smile as he enters the locker rooms.

Suddenly Sam begins walking towards me. Oh, here we go.

"I thought I told you to leave town," Sam says as the rest of the boys were in the locker rooms.

I'm not a defenceless child. I'm more than capable of looking after myself.

"And I thought I told you that I could handle it" I clench my jaw.

"We both know that you're completely blind when it comes to your dad"

I love my father, and according to Sam that makes me completely blind. My dad would never hurt me, I'll be just fine.

"I can handle it" I firm my gaze.

"No you can't" Sam argues, "we both know you can't" with that he shakes his head before stumbling away to the change rooms.

I sigh. Its true, when it comes to my dad, I can be blind as all hell, but what is a girl to do? He's my father.

***

"The Fallen Angel," Chris says as we walk down the sidewalk.

"What?" I glare at him with wide eyes.

I haven't heard that in a while. Those three words bring back a lot of memories that I prefer were forgotten.

"Its what I heard Sam say after the game" he explains "when he finished talking to you"

The Fallen Angel was my nickname back in New York. That's what they used to call me.

"That's strange" I shake my head slowly.

"Very" he nods as our fingers intertwined. "You wouldn't keep anything from me would you?"

Like the fact that I'm a convicted criminal? It's not important. I don't want it to define me, nor do I feel like remembering that side of me. I only keep things that aren't necessary for him to know.

"That's crazy, why do you ask that?"

"Look I trust you," Chris assure, "but sometimes I get the feeling that I'm missing something"

Yeah well, you are missing a lot. My past doesn't define me, I'm not a threat to anyone around me so why does he need to know every little gruesome detail that is my life?

"You have nothing to worry about" I kiss his lips, as his hands sit on my hips.

He pulls away slowly as glancing into my eyes. "You know prom is coming up..." he starts.

"And so is graduation" I nod.

"You're coming right.....to prom?"

Proms and homecomings are pointless. They're boring and stupid. It's literally just an excuse for kids to celebrate bullshit. I couldn't care less about prom, but I would go for Chris.

"Do you want me to?" I furrow my brows.

He smiles before kissing me. Relationships scare me, but never in the early phases. It always seems to go downhill when the guy says 'I love you'. Let's just hope we can delay that part for as long as possible.

I can't stop thinking about what Jenny said.

I hate this. I hate that Jenny isn't okay with us, and neither is Blake or Sam. Sam's opinions are not relevant at all, Jenny is one of my best friends, and Blake is Chris's brother.

Blake doesn't support Chris and me either. This sucks so much.

"I can't stop thinking about Blake," I say as pulling away.

"Just what every guy wants to hear" Chris smirks.

"I need him to be fine with us" I run my fingers through Chris's soft hair.

"Why?" He furrows his brows.

My eyes widen in slight annoyance, "Because he's your brother"

He nods slowly "Do you want me to talk to him?"

Maybe if Chris can talk to Blake then he can be okay with us.

"Yes" I half smile.

"If it'll make you happy" he smiles "I will" he kisses me again.