Chapter Thirty-Nine

"Hey, you made it" Jenny smiles, standing in her cheerleader uniform, beside her squad, whom all stand in front of the bleachers.

God, I still can't believe she's a cheerleader. I'm glad I showed up late, I won't be tortured for long.

"Have I missed much of the game?" I question.

"There are ten minutes left" she smirks.

Okay, so I've missed the majority of the game. I ain't complaining.

"Right" I nod "I'll go take a seat" with that I climb a few steps, pushing past those around me, before eventually taking a seat on the edge of the bleachers.

I watch Chris, Ned, Blake, and Sam play football against another school. I don't know much about football. I'm just here to support my friends and boyfriend, well support them through the last ten minutes that is.

"Are you enjoying the game?" A voice questions from beside me.

I glance to my right to see a tall guy, around twenty years old. He has black hair and black eyes that makes him appear intimidating. He looks kinda familiar, but I can't place him.

"I don't really know much about football" I admit.

"And yet you're here," he says.

I'm only here to support my friends. Why is this guy so chatty?

"I'm just supporting my friends" I nod.

Suddenly the crowd cheers as Sam scores. God, he looks so happy, I miss his smile.

"Well your man just scored the winning goal" he explains.

I narrow my brows. Sam had just scored. Why would this complete stranger call Sam my man?

I turn around to face the stranger, only to see that he had disappeared. That was weird.

"Eva!" A voice cries as running towards me "we won!"

"I know" I smile as she bears hugs me.

"The guys must be so happy" Jenny smiles.

I nod as searching the crowd with my eyes. Where did that guy go? I don't see him in the crowd of people behind me. People don't just disappear into thin air.

"Who are you looking for?" Jenny questions.

The random stranger dude is nowhere in sight. That's so strange.

"Nobody" I shake my head.

"Well the guys are going to the change rooms now" she starts "you could probably catch up"

Yeah, I'll do that. I want to see Chris and the others. I feel like I haven't seen them in so long.

"Okay" I nod "are you coming with?"

"No" she shakes her head, " I think I'm going straight home...have fun with Marcus"

She gives me a strange look. I know that look well. It's the look she used to shoot Kelsey when she and Chris were on again off again.

"Hey you're fine with Chris and I right?" I ask.

"Of course I am," she says unconvincingly "why wouldn't I be?"

Maybe because you've been madly in love with him since middle school. Plus why else shoot me such a jealous look?

Besides, I don't know what Chris and I are. We're not a couple but we're not just friends any more.

"Its just I know that you've always had a feeling for Chris," I say.

"That's ridiculous" she shakes her head "I'm happy for you two"