Joker

I open my eyes and I'm greeted with darkness. I lay staring at the ceiling, pondering how early it must be. I'm not much of a sleeper. I only managed to fall asleep in the first place due to all the energy I used up with L last night. I know L doesn't sleep as well either. 

"I assume you're awake too," I say in a whisper. 

"You're right to assume." He replies softly. I move to lay on my side and snuggle into L. We are both still without clothes so I put my hand on his body before pressing against him in case he's cold but he's warm to the touch. He brings his free hand that isn't wrapped around my side to stroke my hair. "You really are something." He says after a few minutes of silence. I don't reply. "I thought detective work would be my everything and that I was fine with it." I glide my hand over his chest. I always get scared when he says these things. Because they make me care. I like to tell myself that I have a heart of stone and I so far that has proven to be right but it cracks when it comes to L. A cold-hearted killer with a soft spot. "Then you just appear and you are the only thing I can't understand. I'm quick to learn and have a very high IQ but you... there is no equation, formula or tactic to work you out." I lean onto my elbow so I can look at him. 

"Yeah, I'm pretty complicated but you love it." I smile and touch his face. He leans his face into my touch and kisses my hand. 

"Yes, I do." My heart skips a beat. I look down blushing. Shit, why does he always get me with stuff like that? He chuckles softly. "We just had sex and me kissing your hand is what makes you blush?" I pinch my lips together, both embarrassed and frustrated. 

"Shut up," I say and lay on his chest so he can't see my face anymore. He glides his hand up and down my back softly and I hold back a shiver. "You said we are rivals and Lovers. I'm sure I'm right in assuming this is the lovers part, what happens in the rivals and enemies part?" He asks and I would like to say some sarcastic comment that is flirty and sassy but his question perks my interest. Will there ever be moments when I see him as nothing but an enemy? Will killing him ever go through my head again? I lean on my elbow and look at him again. 

"Well you know I can get mean so I'm sure you know when an issue occurs you'll have to be careful but I would like to know what you'll do when someone else dies," I say, mad we have to talk about this stuff again when I'm quite happy to just lay here with him. He doesn't seem shocked at the question and thinks over it for a second. 

"I'd like to say I'll always be on your side in these things but we both know that's not how it's going to work. When it comes down to it, I'm out to catch you and stop the killings. It would be wrong to stand by and see everything fall to pieces when I can try and stop it." I put my hand through his hair. 

"We're like Batman and the Joker who's sleeping together," I smirk but he doesn't smile at my joke. "Yunno - you're dark and mysterious, out for justice and I'm a bit crazy, ready for mayhem. But we both have something in common." I say and climb onto him, putting a leg on either side of his body and rest my hands on his chest. 

"And what's that?" He says looking interested. I lean down and kiss his chest before replying. 

"We have the hots for each other," I smirk and rub up against him for another round of earlier. 

"Batman and The Joker huh?" He says and holds onto my hips. "How about The Joker and Harley Quine?" He suggests perking my interest. 

"Even better. Come to the dark side." I say seductively and press harder against him earning a moan from him and smile. 

-.. . .- -.. .-.. -.-- -.-. --- ..- .--. .-.. .

The next morning everyone is back but Mogi is still in the hospital. The group seems small compared to what is used to be but now I can really focus down on people and see what I'm working with. I feel eyes glaring at me and look over to see Mr Yagami giving me dirty looks, clearly mad about something. I guess after last night he's not very fond of me. First, he thinks I cheating on his son and I was very rude to him. I'm also kind of new and have not done anything specific to earn his trust. But everyone else here seems very fond of me. I have roughly got people's personalities down so I just act how I think they want me to when in one and one conversations with them. If I win their favour then if anything goes down I'll have them to back me up. But it's clear everyone is a fan of Mr Yagami and take his opinion seriously so without his gold star I won't get far. However, after last night I don't feel like trying to earn it. I don't want it. I would kill him next but I feel like things would go to shit here as he's what's holding the rest of the task force up and I can't have L leaving Japan because of the team dispersing. And if I killed Light's dad there would surely have some major issues with Light and I. I hold eye contact with him and he looks away first. I need to sort him out. 

"Kill him." Whispers Yama. L suddenly looks up at me and Yama from across the room. I act like I don't notice him watching. "I'm overlooking the whole L thing right now but you need to start fixing your problems before I do and you know who I'll start with." I bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from replying. I click the knuckles in my thumbs which would look like nothing to anyone else but Yama knows it means to stop talking and I'll speak later. He groans irritated and walks around the room. I glance at L again and he seems nervous. I wonder if he knows who Yama was telling me to kill?