Smiles (kagakuro)

Practice had just ended and equipment was being put away as the team got ready to leave.

Kuroko sat on the bench, putting on his sneakers and talking to kagami.

"Kuroko, why don't you come over tonight, there's that new show that you wanted to see coming on at 8 and I know your cable isn't hooked up yet" kagami suggested while bending down, putting his gym shorts into his bag

Ever since he moved into his new apartment, Kuroko didn't hang out as much as he used to. Then again, before he got his apartment he had been living on his friends' couches.

Kuroko paused, thinking through his schedule while tying his laces.

"I apologize kagami-kun, but I already have plans with katsuro-kun. I promised him and I would hate to break it."

Kuroko turned to kagami with a sickeningly sweet smile. The same smile that he adored and treasured so much.

"Oh.... Some other time then?"

Kagami respected Kuroko, therefore he respected his friends, and reluctantly, the people he would sleep with as well.

And although it might seem harsh to say, Kuroko could be a bit of a, well, a whore.

No, Kuroko wasn't a tramp and he was far from slutty, but he was known to have alot of partners.

And to change them fast

"Hey teddy bear!"

Kagami groaned as Kuroko was hugged from behind by his "boyfriend".

" Hello, katsuro-kun." Kuroko turned to hug the other boy with the same smile on his face.

Katsuro looked at kagami with a smirk on his face and arrogant glint in his eye. He knew how kagami felt about Kuroko, he also knew that he hated him with a passion.

"Hey teddy bear, we should get moving. We can stop and get you a milkshake on the way to my house"

"Okay, katsuro-kun, just allow me to grab my things." Kuroko grabbed his jacket and his bag and hurried to katsuro's side before he slid his arm around Kuroko's waist.

"Bye, kagami-kun" he waved while katsuro pulled him away, eager to get back to his house.

Before he could respond, they left, leaving kagami by himself to wallow in his self-pity.

~~~~~~~~~~~Time skip~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagami was alone in his house, trying to sleep as he tapped his bedpost. As tired as he was, he could never sleep it seemed, not unless Kuroko was with him

Ring ring

Finally finding a reason to get up, kagami grabbed his phone and headed to the kitchen. He decided he might as well get a snack.

He looked at the contact name on the screen and almost dropped the milk he grabbed out of the fridge.

He hurriedly answered, putting everything back in place and shutting the fridge door.

"Yeah, Kuroko?"

"Um, kagami-kun. I know its late and I hate to be a bother but, can I come over?"

Kagami didn't know what went through his mind when he answered. All he knew was Kuroko was distressed and from the sound of it, was outside while it was raining.

"Uh yeah, sure, of course Kuroko!"

"Thank you kagami-kun, I'll be over soon."

And with that the phone hung up and kagami stood confused and panicked. He quickly cleaned up the bit of milk he spilled and ran through his apartment cleaning up every mess.

Just as kagami finished putting his laundry in the basket, the door bell rang.

He ran to the door and waited to catch his breath before opening it.

Standing there was Kuroko, cold and wet.

Kuroko looked up to kagami, shivering with nothing in his hand but his phone

Kagami, realizing how long Kuroko must have been outside, ushered him into his apartment and into his room.

"I don't have anything that would fit you, but you could just wear one of my shirts." He handed Kuroko an oversized red shirt that read 'Tiger' in yellow letters

Kuroko, who was freezing from the rain, quickly deserted his old clothes and put on the shirt, earning stares from kagami.

"So Kuroko, what happened with katsuro?" Kagami questioned, throwing Kuroko's clothes into the hamper along with his dirty ones and taking seat on the bed.

"We... We broke up."

Although he was estatic on the inside, kagami saw how hurt Kuroko was and decided to dig deeper.

"But why?"

Kuroko glanced at him, giving him a look before he sat down on the bed and sighed.

"Let's just say we had differences. He didn't want me to hang out with you, but I did."

Kuroko once again gave another smile, weaker than the others, but still warming and full of the same love that kagami adored.

Although he still had some questions, that answer seemed to cure his curiosity for the mean while.

He pulled Kuroko closer to him, embracing him while Kuroko just buried himself into Kagami's chest.

"I love you" were the last words uttered that night, and whether they came from kagami or Kuroko, it didn't matter because they both drifted off into sleep in each other's arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay well this was my attempt at a kagakuro short story and I plan that at some point I'll make another short story just so you know what happens next.

My next story will be Dull Heart Aches 3 which will feature the rest of the GOM and their reactions. The same day I will post another drabble however I'm not sure which pairing to make it.

Leave any questions in the comments and I will answer them as soon as I get the notification and leave any suggestions in the comments as well. As long as I don't have anything planned then I'll make your idea into a story!

P.S. Hopefully the next chapters will be  posted tomorrow.

~( ^ - ^)~