Chapter 29 - Dad?!

{Friday 14 July - Saturday 15 July}

~ Charlie's POV ~

"Charlie?" my mum asks in a confused tone as she asks the phone. 

"Mum," I say as I burst into tears again. 

"Aww, hunny. What's wrong? I thought you're supposed to be hanging out with Eden and the boys?" she asks worriedly. 

"Mum, something happened and now Ryder's gone and I don't think I'll ever see him again" I sob, shaking hard. 

"Aww baby, what happened". 

"We were showing Knox around when we got to the cemetery and he wanted to play a game of hiding and seek so we did. Except he shot me mum" I say through sobs. I hear her gasp but continue on anyway. 

"He shot me in the chest, I thought I had died but the next thing I know, I'm alive and there's no more bullet wound and no Knox or Ryder to be seen. Eden and Cole brought me back to Cole and Ryder's house to explain everything."

"Ryder sold his life to the devil to save me and give me a second chance. He's a fallen angel mum and I'm a Nephilim. I know everything mum, why didn't you tell me earlier?" I ask nervously. She stays quiet for a moment before sighing. 

"I guess I thought I was keeping you safe by not telling you sweetheart, but obviously not," she says quietly. 

"So you know about dad's death and Eden and Cole too huh?". 

"Yeah, I do. Mum, do you forgive Ryder for what he did?" I ask sniffing. 

"Yes. It was hard at first but yes I do. I understand that it was a mistake and it happens more often than you think. He offered to us money and time and space, anything I could have asked for but I couldn't take it because I wasn't the one that would be angry at him" she says wearily. 

"He was terrified of telling you Charlie because he genuinely loves you so much, which is a very rare thing for an angel to have a mate who is also their vessel. I said as long as he treated you well, I forgave him". I continue to sniffle as I absorb what she has just said. 

"Mum, I can't forgive him just yet, but I still love him," I say with a sad smile. 

"I know baby girl, and that's okay. You need time". 

"But mum, I'm never going to see him again because he's trapped in hell. I feel so empty. I can't feel him any more mum and it scares me" I say as more tears start to run down my face. 

"I want him back. I want to tell him I love him" I say, sobbing. 

"I know bub. You loved each other, he's your mate so of course you miss him. And you never know bub, he might be able to come back someday? Maybe a miracle will happen?" she says optimistically. 

I mumble an okay through my tears before asking to be picked up as I no longer want to stay in Ryder's house as it reminds me too much of him. 

Soon, my mum and Adette show up at the door and Cole carries me to the car before saying goodbye and letting me know that if I have any more questions, then to come see him. I nod and sit slumped against the door as we drive away while Adette sits in the back babbling to mum. 

We make it home and I wearily walk into the house and to my room while mum puts Adette to bed. I feel empty. I miss him. My thoughts are interrupted when mum walks in holding a tub of ice cream and two vodka cruisers. 

"Scooch over chickadee," my mum says smiling as she walks over to my bed and sits down. She hands me a drink and a spoon before hugging me. 

"Drink. You'll feel better" she says as she opens the tub of ice cream. God, I love my mum. We both know that drinking isn't the best thing to be doing right now but she honestly doesn't give a fuck and is encouraging me anyway and it's great.