Chapter 13 - Another Fallen Angel

{Wednesday 5 July + Thursday 6 July}

~ Ryder's POV ~

"Two angels already and it's only Wednesday" I sigh, running my hands over my face. We had parked just around the corner from 'Coffee Cup' so I could keep an eye on Charlie and make sure the new angel wouldn't try to kill her. 

"Well they were going to come sooner or later," Cole says quietly. I sigh again but quickly growl when I notice the new angel heading in our direction. 

"Cole, is the bag still in the car from last night?" I ask darkly. 

"Yeah, why?" he asks, looking at me. 

"Get the tranquilliser gun ready, we're taking him now" I growl. Cole nods, checks to see that no one is watching and gets out and goes to the boot. 

I do the same and then get out of the car and lean against it before setting off towards the guy. I purposely bump into him before turning around to apologise. 

"Yo man, I'm sorry," I say awkwardly. He chuckles, smiling at me. Thank fuck he's a new bee, if he wasn't, he'd know I was an angel too. 

"Allgood man, I'm Zach, I'm new around here," he says. I smile and glance over his shoulder to see Cole closing the boot and walking towards us with the tranquilliser gun. I look back at Zach and extend my hand towards him. 

"I'm Ryder, nice to meet you" I reply, smiling at him while shaking his hand. 

"So you're new around here?" I ask. He nods and I go to ask him if he'd want me to show him around when a tranquilliser dart hits him in the back of the neck. He swears and whips around to look at Cole, who is walking towards him grinning. 

"Night night princess" Cole says chuckling and on cue, Zack collapses to the ground. I grin at Cole as he picks up Zach and chucks him over his shoulder. We walk back to the car and I thank Cole. 

He then dumps Zach in the back seat car before hopping into the driver's seat. We drive back to the house and take Zach to the basement. I tie him to a chair while Cole gives him anesthetic to make sure he stays out till later. 

When we are done, I traipse back up the stairs and into my room. I crawl onto my bed and find myself drifting off to sleep.

Bang! Bang! Bang! 

"Yo Ryder, wake up, we gotta go man" Cole yells from behind my door. I wake up startled and check the time on my phone. 

Fuck. It's almost 11 pm. I jump up from my bed and change into dark clothes before racing to the door. 

"Sorry, I fell asleep," I say wearily. He laughs and thumps me on the back. 

"All good, I already put Zach in the car and got the gear ready" he replies. 

"You're a bloody legend," I say grinning at him. He chuckles as we walk to out to the car and get in. We make our way back to the cemetery in no time and park in the car park. I get out and go to the boot to collect the bag while Cole hauls Zach out of the car. 

We walk into the cemetery and head to the same spot as last night. 

"Let's get this over with," I say quietly. 

"Yup. He shouldn't wake up like Ace did, he's way too drugged up" Cole says chuckling. I crouch over Zach and run the bottom of the angel dagger along his scars and his wings open up. 

I quickly slice his left wing off, causing him to twitch slightly, and let it disintegrate into my hand. I then slice off his right wing before rolling him over and stabbing him through the heart. His body spasms as blood gushes from the hole before becoming limp again. 

Cole then helps me to lift Zach onto the angel monument before lighting him on fire. We both stand in silence as we watch Zach disintegrate and disappear. 

"Two down, one to go," Cole says quietly. I nod and we head back to the car. 

"At least she is safe for now," I say wearily. I fall into the passenger seat of the car and stare out the window as we drive home. I drag my head body up to my room from the garage and crash into my bed. I am out within seconds.

I wake up to Cole pounding on the door again. I check my phone and see it is 8 am. School starts at 8:40. 

Fuck! I need to get ready. I drag myself out of bed, yelling a thank you to Cole. I grab some clothes and head to the bathroom. I get into the shower and left the hot water run over me. 

I close my eyes and her face flashes in front of me. I smile but the image of Charlie quickly turns into that of her father and I instantly feel sick. I start to shake and I get out of the shower and run to the toilet, making it just in time as I vomit up the entirety of my stomach. 

I groan and wipe my mouth, sitting back against the wall. I hate this. I regret killing Mark. I don't deserve to have her as my mate. 

"I deserve to rot in hell, that's what I deserve" I mutter under my breath, picking myself up and getting back into the shower. When she finds out it was me, she'll never forgive me. 

The guilt sits with me for the rest of my shower and I get out feeling horrible. It's starting to eat me up inside. I dry myself and pull on my clothes and head back to my room. I grab my school bag and phone before heading out to the kitchen. 

"Yo Ryder, you okay man? You are really pale" Cole says looking at me as I walk in. 

"Yeah, I'm okay" I reply, meekly. "You don't have to go to school if you don't want to?" Cole says warmly. 

"No, I want to go, I want to see Charlie" I reply, mustering a smile. He nods and hands me a smoothie. 

"Here, drink this, you'll feel better," he says smiling. I nod and scull the glass. Man, Cole is a good cook. I put the glass in the sink, go and brush my teeth and put deodorant on before emerging back in the kitchen. 

"I'll see you tonight," I say, grabbing my keys off the bench. I make my way down the hall and into the garage and get into my car. I put the key in the ignition but then grab my phone. I open up a new message and put in Charlie's number and type a message.

'Good morning Angel.

I know you miss me so I'm coming to school today. I'm also coming to sit with you at lunch because I have something to ask you.

-Ryder'

I send the text, chuckling to myself. Fuck, I can be such a prick. I start my car, back out of the garage and make my way to school, stopping to get a coffee and some lunch on the way. 

I pull into the student parking lot and shut off the engine. I sigh and haul myself out of the car and off to school.

_________________

Hey Guys,

I hope you enjoy that chapter!!! I enjoyed writing it so much and I am so tempted to write the next chapter as I'm so into the story right now, even though I need to write the next chapter for Repeat. Who knows, maybe there will be another chapter for this book very very soon, before Repeat's new chapter haha. Please vote and comment letting me know what you think of this chapter and whether you are loving this book as much as I do!

Thanks,

- Allamy14 xx