Chapter 26 - Games

{Friday 14 July}

~ Charlie's POV ~

I groan and roll over as I wake up from an okay night's sleep. I reach over and grab my phone and look at the screen. Friday. I groan as I remember that Ryder, Cole, Eden, and I are supposed to be hanging out with Knox after my shift this afternoon. 

I unlock my phone and see a message from Ryder. I smile and reply before heading to the bathroom and showering. I get dressed into some comfy clothes before putting my necklace on and doing my hair. 

I sit down on my bed and look at my wardrobe and dresser. What should I wear tonight? I decide that I want to wear my white long sleeve lace bodysuit, my light blue distressed high waisted jeans and my white converse as well as my sunglasses and grey cardigan. 

I shove them into a bag before grabbing my school bag and phone and heading downstairs. I was alone in the house this morning as Adette's school had a teacher only day so mum decided that she would take a day off to take her to do fun things of Adette's choice for the day. 

It also meant that I could go out tonight as I wouldn't have to worry about having to collect Adette. I quickly eat breakfast before washing, grabbing my things and heading to the truck. I dump my bag of clothes on the floor of the passenger seat and put my school bag and phone on the passenger seat. 

I start my truck and head to Eden's house. Cole will be dropping Ryder off at school today because then we would all be taking fewer cars tonight. Ryder and I would be going together after my shift while Cole would be picking Eden up after school and they are going to hang out a bit before meeting us and Knox. 

We would be going to Katie's diner to have dinner before showing Knox around town. I get to Eden's house and she happily bounces down the stairs. 

"Morning sunshine," she says happily as she gets into the car. 

"Morning" I reply back smiling. 

"Are you excited for tonight?" she asks as we drive to school. 

"Eh. Knox makes me nervous and Ryder doesn't like him" I say as I concentrate on the road. 

"Oh, Charlie. I'm sure it will be fine" she says chuckling. We get to school to find Ryder waiting for us. We walk up to him and he instantly pulls me in for a kiss, smashing his lips onto mine. 

"I missed you Angel," he says huskily as he breaks away from the kiss. 

"I missed you too Ryder" I reply smiling before slipping my hand into his. The three of us make our way into school and head to our lockers. 

We grab our stuff before heading to our spot to chat. Soon the bell rings and I'm off to my first class of the day.

I watch Ryder's beautiful face concentrating on his drawing while I clean the coffee machine. The day had flown by, although English was uncomfortable yet again. I'm really starting to get scared of Knox at this point. 

He was being extra creepy today during class, talking about how much he loves killing people in his video games while twirling his penknife. Also, his knowledge on nuclear winters is really quite terrifying. 

He speaks about it as if he's experienced it or something. I shrug off my thoughts as I finish cleaning before I go and clock out. I hang up my apron before heading over to Ryder. 

I sit down next to me and see that he has drawn yet another beautiful drawing of me. I smile and he looks up and kisses me softly. 

"Like it?" he asks smiling. I nod and kiss his cheek before grabbing my bag of clothes from beside his leg and going to get changed in the staff toilet. I return a few minutes later to instantly receive a wolf whistle from Ryder.