Chapter 10 - Kill Him

{Tuesday 4 July + Wednesday 5 July}

~ Charlie's POV ~

The rest of school flies by and soon enough I'm on my way to work. I pray that Ace won't be there as I pull up into my parking spot. I go into the shop and get to work and before I know it my shift is over. 

No Ace, thank god. I shiver a little as I walk back to my truck but shrug it off, assuming it's just the wind. I drive to Eden's house to pick up Adette before driving home and nothing strange happens on the way which I'm glad about. 

When we get home, I make dinner for the three of us, although mum isn't home yet so I leave her's in the microwave and sit down with Adette at the table to eat. 

Mac and cheese with bacon and salad on the side, Adette's favourite. I watch as she gives me the biggest grin while tucking into her food. She mumbles a thank you through a mouthful of food and I smile back at her. 

We finish our food and I clear up and do the dishes before going to get Adette ready for bed. As I put her to bed, mum gets home and comes up the stairs to say goodnight to her before going to go have dinner. 

I go into my room and do some homework. I'm fine until I hear a tapping on the window and jump sky high, my hand flying over my mouth to stop myself from screaming. I look out the window and see it's just a tree branch tapping on the window. I sigh. 

"Geez Charlie, you're such a scaredy cat sometimes" I mutter to myself. I continue to do my homework and when I'm done I go to bed. I curl up under my duvet and close my eyes and as I'm drifting off to sleep I feel myself warming up and feeling safe and before I know it I'm out.

I wake up to my alarm beeping at me. I roll over and turn it off before getting out of bed. It had been the first night since my dad passing that I hadn't had the dream and I felt so refreshed. 

I had an amazing sleep. I get ready for school and chow down on some cocoa pops before leaving for school Adette. I drop her off and pick up Eden and head to school.

{Tuesday 4 July}

~ Ryder's POV ~

"Fuck! What am I going to do?!" I yell, pacing around the living room. Yesterday, I'd been watching over Charlie after school at her work and Ace had shown up. He's another fallen angel who needs to kill her in order to get his feelings back. 

But then on her way home, he followed her and then showed her an illusion of him crashing his car into her so that he could go up and attack her. He showed her more illusions but I intervened and almost got him but he knocked me out. 

I came around just as he was going to get her and she screamed and I tackled him and he got up and ran away and I followed him out into the woods before losing him. 

"If you want to keep her safe, you'll have to kill him," Cole says sighing. I growl because I know he is right. 

"How'd he even find her" I yell, looking at him. 

"The same way you did mate. The pull. And soon there will be more" he says looking back at me. 

"How many more will there be?" I sigh, leaning against the arm of the couch. 

"Two more. Four fallen to a vessel, remember" he says standing up. He walks over to me and pats me on the back. 

"I know it's hard mate" Cole starts. "I felt the same way when the others came for Eden. She was oblivious to it all, of course. They never even talked to her but I knew they were them. So I kill all three of them, sent them to where they belong". I sigh and nod. I know what needs to be done, all I want is to keep her safe. 

"He'll know that I'm her mate huh?" I say nervously. 

"Yup," Cole replies. "All the more reason to find him and kill him before he gets to her again". I nod and get up and turn around to face Cole. 

"How do I kill him?" I ask. 

"You'll need to hold him down and cut off his wings and then stab him through the heart and burn his body on the archangel monument," Cole says quietly. 

"Shit, that's brutal" I mutter. Cole nods and looks down at his hands. 

"Yeah I'm not proud of it," he says quietly. "But I had to do it to keep my angel safe". 

"So when are you going to introduce yourself into her life," I ask him, making the topic lighter for a moment. Cole was Eden's mate and Eden also happened to be Cole's vessel so he was in the exact same position as I was, which meant I had a friend. 

"Once you're with Charlie. It will be easier for you to introduce me to her than for me to try and do it myself. I mean they are best friends after all" he says with a small smile. I smile back but then I remember what the conversation was actually about. 

"We need to track Ace down tonight," I say sternly. "I can't risk Charlie's safety anymore". Cole nods and gets up and we walk into the weapons room. Cole and I live together which is great because whenever I need to talk about stuff, he's there. 

He's been on earth a lot longer than I have to he's always giving me tips. The other day when I found out Charlie was my mate, he spent that whole evening explaining everything to me and how he was in the same situation and what I needed to do. 

It was great and I'm so glad I have him as a friend. Cole and I were friends when we were in heaven but ever since we fell, we've become best mates and great assets to each other. Cole loads up a bag full of weapons and then we both change into bulletproof clothes. 

We lock up the house and head to the car and dump the bag in the back seat before getting into the car. I was a little guttered that I wasn't driving but it made sense because I had to use my tracking sense to try and find Ace, so I needed my full concentration. 

We set off and I quickly find Ace's spirit so we follow it and it leads us to Charlie's house. We parked on the road and got out quietly. Cole had the bag in his hand and was right behind me as we made our way up her driveway. 

We stopped when I spotted Ace. He was in the tree near Charlie's window. I was about to curse but Cole's hand flies over my mouth as if he knew it was coming. 

I thank him through mind speak before turning my attention back to Ace. We watch as he plays an illusion to Charlie and I can tell she is scary because my chest hurts a little. Ace jumps down from the tree smiling and walks down the driveway towards us. 

Cole quietly pulls the tranquilliser gun out of the bag and he waits until Ace has passed us before shooting it. The dart sails silently through the air and hits him in the back. 

He reacts and instantly pulls out the dart but it's too late and we watch as he crumples to the ground. I smile and pat Cole on the back. 

"Nice shot" I say, congratulating him. He bows laughing and we walk over to Ace and handcuff his ankles and wrists together. We also gag him and put a bag over his head and then Cole carries him back to the car and dumps him in the back seat while I go to check on Charlie. 

I climb the tree and watch as she falls asleep. I smile before climbing back down the tree and running back to the car. I hop in and turn to Cole. 

"Time for Ace to die" Cole says with a small smile. I nod and look over my shoulder at Ace and then back at Cole. 

"You got this mate. We'll give him another tranquilliser and you can do it all while he's out" Cole says reassuringly. I give him a small smile and he pats me on the back. 

"You're keeping her safe and that's all that matters" he adds. I nod and look out the window. 

"Where are we going to do it?" I ask. 

"The cemetery" Cole says quietly. 

______________________

Hey Guys,

So I hope you enjoyed that chapter! The next one should be up soon! Please let me know what you think in the comments down below!!

Thanks

-Allamy14 xx