Chapter 2 - Dreaming

{Monday 3 July}

~ Charlie's POV ~

I wake up screaming, tears rushing down my face but I stop screaming when I hear tiny footsteps padding quickly down the hall towards my room. The door opens and my little sister runs to my bed and climbs on, pulling me into a hug. I snuggle into her, tears still falling from my eyes. 

"It's just a dream Charlie" she whispers. 

"I know" I reply, "but it feels so real". She pulls back and wipes away my tears. 

"Charlie" she whispers. 

"Yeah Adette?" I whisper back. 

"I love you" she says smiling. 

"I love you too" I reply sweetly. She hugs me again before getting off my bed and running out of the room, yelling to me that she is going to watch TV. I look over at my phone to check the time. It read 6:30 am. 

That's not that bad, I think to myself. I get out of bed and walk down the hall to the bathroom. 

I get undressed and hop into the shower, letting the warm water wash over my face and body before washing my hair. I think back to the dream. I don't understand how it was it a dream, it felt so real. 

Then again, the psychologist did say this might happen after what I went through, she said I have PTSD. 

It's been 2 weeks since my dad died. I don't know how it happened but I had walked out to the garage one evening to find him dead on the ground with a knife in his hand. The police said it was suicide but I don't want to believe it. 

My father was happy. He enjoyed his work, his family, his life. He had no reason to want to leave. I still couldn't believe it. 

I eventually pry myself away from the warm water and get out. I dry my body and hair off and then wrap the towel around my body before walking back to my room and closing the door. 

I walk over to the mirror next to my dresser and stare at myself. I look like a mixture of both my parents. I have pale skin and chocolate brown hair like my mother except her hair is straight and mine is curly and I have my dad's beautiful ocean blue eyes. 

I have freckles and long beautiful eyelashes like my mum and like both my parents, I also have average eyesight, although I only have to wear my glasses for reading or schoolwork. 

I drop my towel and look at the rest of my body. I'm not short but I not tall either but I'm taller than my mum so I guess you could say I have my dad's height and I have a nice looking body according to my best friend Eden, but compared to her I'm nothing. 

I have curves where I'm supposed to but nothing special. I twist my left arm so I can see my inner arm in the mirror. My beautiful tattoo. 

'Home is where the heart is'. 

It was my dad's favourite saying. He loved it so much that he got it tattooed in the exact same place as where I have it. The day after he died, I went down to the tattoo parlor and got it tattooed there so he'd always be with me. 

I looked back at myself once more before moving to my dresser to pick out clothes for the day. Black bra, black underwear, black socks. The usual undergarments, I think, smiling to myself. 

I pull on a pair of ripped blue jeans and a black V neck t-shirt before tying my hair up into a loose bun. I put on the necklace that my sister had gotten me for my birthday a couple months ago, put my phone in the back pocket of my jeans and grab my grey oversized sweater and school bag before walking out of my room. 

I walk down the hall and stairs into the lounge to find Adette snuggled up on the couch with all her teddy bears watching Sesame Street. 

"Aren't you a bit old for that Adette?" I laugh. She turns her head towards me with a huge grin on her face. 

"Never" she replies giggling. I shuffle into the kitchen and set my bag on the floor next to her bag and make two bowls of coco pops and bring them back into the lounge. 

I sit down next to her and hand her one of the bowls and we both tuck in while watching the TV. We finish and I take our bowls and put them in the sink. I glance at the time and quickly packed our lunch I had pre-made the night before and put them in our bags. I then carry our bags into the lounge and stand behind the couch. 

"Time for school bub," I say to Adette. I bend over and kiss her on the top of her head. She gets up and turns off the TV before making her way around to the back of the couch to grab her bag. We walk to the front door and I grab my keys out of the bowl. 

We make our way outside and I turn and lock the house up before bouncing down the porch stairs hand in hand and walking to my old Ford Ranger. I lift Adette up into the passenger side and buckle her in before walking around to the driver's side and climbing in. 

I buckle myself in and start the engine. I look over at Adette and she looks back at me with a worried look on her face. 

"It's going to be okay I promise" I smile at her and squeeze her hand. She smiles back and I turn my focus back to the car. I pull out of our driveway and we head to school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Here's chapter 2 for you!!! I hope you enjoyed that cause I enjoyed writing it!!! Please let me know what you think!!!

-Allamy14