Chapter 9: To the Free Spirited

Start from the beginning

We couldn't tow the Pontiac down the untarred, narrow road, Jordan had to drive it behind the van. Trees surrounded us. I breathed in the smell of wet leaves, and moss. Fresh air found its way to my face. We were in the woods.

We were following "signs", although we had no idea what to expect as a sign. It arrived at a point where the road split into two. They ran opposite ways, one almost like the mirror image of the other. There was a signpost, colourfully painted wooden arrows. Riley stuck her head out of the van and read them.

"Lost boys hideout", "Pixie hollow", "Crocodile Creek".

She turned to us and questioned "which way?"

She turned to us and questioned "which way?". She raised an eyebrow.

"Looks like we are going to have to search for a sign?" I suggested. The five of us got off the vehicles and walked. It looked as if we went in circles, aimlessly.

About 5 minutes later, Simon shouted.

"Guys"

We all walked up to him. He was pointing at a tree trunk, with carved compass. It was slanted in a way north pointed to the road on to our left. This left us all smiling.

"Great!" stated Jordan.

"Come on lets go!", said Riley climbing back onto the driver's seat.

Soon we found that damn river! The sound of water lapping added a tune to the deafening silence in the woods.

We were soon out of the vehicles again. Simon just stood there gawping at the river.

"Where to now?", I questioned. Riley shrugged. She shot a smile at me, her eyes twinkled in excitement.

Everyone scattered in search of clue.

"Follow the music" Marco read out loud. This time it was written clearly on a paper, nailed to a tree. Except message wasn't all that clear.

"I hear no music." said Simon.

"Hippies are a bunch of retards, we should just go back" stated Jordan.

"The only sound we hear is the water. Im guessing to any nature lover, this is music." I said eyeing towards the river.

"Lets follow the flow of the river?", questioned Riley.