t w o

A/n: Just to remind you Lisa has no experience of any formal education. She knows how to read and write which she learned when she was young through her father, Ansel. She is uneducated but she isn't dumb.

But.

Lisa has zero experience anything related with the opposite se.x before she met the Don since all of her focus while growing up were to find food and shelter to survive. She grew up in poverty and managed to survive on her own. So basically, Lisa is clueless and innocent to some aspects in life but clearly well knowledged to some. I wrote this to explain the situation ahead before your read this chapter since I know some of you for sure will probably get annoyed with Lisa in this chapter.

Again, a little piece of advice which can be applied in everyday life: know the story very well and understand it first before you form an opinion.

Unedited.

-LISA-

"You're pregnant."

The words echo inside my brain, the word enunciating repeatedly, mocking me of the most surreal condition that I could ever experience as a woman.

"Doctor I think you made a mistake, I can't be preg—" I choke, I can't even utter the word.

"It's in the result, there's a 1% chance it could be false positive but based on my experience that's very unlikely. You are 12 weeks pregnant, You will be a mother soon." The doctor announces.

I will be a mother soon!

"There's a person inside me!" I stammer, my mind screaming in panic.

"Didn't you practice safe sex?" She inquires.

What? I know what sex is but..

"Contraceptives, condoms, pills, withdrawal, calendar method..still doesn't ring a bell?" The doctor squeezing her brows as she asks me again.

I shake my head no.

"Sorry doctor, I-I didn't...I-I have no idea about that." I admit, embarassed of my lack of knowledge.

"Well from what I have seen in your blood test, an elevated level of a certain hormone was found, indicating that you've been taking contraceptive pills. So did you take it?" The doctor questions. I swallow a lump in my throat as I travel down memory lane.

"They forced me to take this certain pills aside from my anti anxiety pills which they required me to religiously take daily." I explain to her as I recall Nicole forcing me to drink those pills.

"So based on my understanding, you have no clue what it was you were taking and based on the pregnancy result I assume you failed to take it regularly?"

"I may have missed taking some." I admit, the doctor sighs, shaking her head like I did something very wrong.

"You see Lisa, those pills were supposed to prevent you from getting pregnant." She explains making my eyes widen from shock. That all makes sense.

"May I ask if your partner did other method to practice safe sex?"

"I don't know." The memories of me and the Don having sex is making me flush and bothered.

"They didn't thought you this in school?" The doctor asks me in bewilderment.

"I stopped when dad left us. Most of my knowledge I got it from reading only and experiences. I know how to read and write  but—" I choke, big tears are now streaming down my cheeks.