Chapter 2: A Look Back

10 Years Ago:
"Come on Siv, keep up!" A dark haired boy laughed as he ran down the coastline. He turned back to look at the other young man.

"Vlad, come on, slow down!" He chuckled as he caught up to his friend.

"But, I wanna explore, come on!" He said cheerfully. The young boy stuck his tongue out at his friend he rolled his eyes. He chuckled as he plopped down on the sand of the coastline Suddenly.

"Hey look, we should go in there!" The young man said with a tone full of cheer and wonder as he pointed to a small cave. The two boys got up, inching closer and closer to the cave. The entrance itself looked barely big enough for the two to squeeze through but, big enough nevertheless.

              The shorter of the two boys climbed in first, the mouth of the cavern was surrounded by a small natural lip made of a mixture of rock and sand, much like the stalagmites lining the ceiling of the interior. The young man squeezed himself past two spires that came up about a quarter centimeter from the ground.

"Vlad, come here!" He said excitedly as his friend climbed in after him. Once inside they realized just how big the cave really was. The entrance was extremely misleading.

"We can't go too far because we did not bring lanterns." The taller boy pointed out.

"Come on Vlad's where's your sense of adventure." The shorter asked as he scanned the area slowly. The walls were covered floor to ceiling with some kind of crystal, the light from the entrance cast an eerie blue hue on the walls. The taller boy shot his friend a look. He hated that name, apparently, he had come up with the name a few years back but, as to why, he still didn't know.

That wasn't the only thing though, suddenly, something about this place bothered the young boy. He could feel the tiny hairs on the back of his neck stand straight up. "Seriously, Siv, let's get out of here, something about this place makes my skin crawl." The taller boy admitted

"Oh come on Vlad, don't tell me you still believe in the monsters in the caves." His friend mocked.

"Siv, there are plenty of things a part of this world that we don't understand. To deny that is foolish." The young boy said flatly.

"Old man." The shorter said sticking his tongue out again.

"Whatever, I said let's go!" He said grabbing the boy by the arm.

"Come on, I wanna stay a little longer." He whined.

"Come on......" He said as he pulled, suddenly his fingers came loose and the shorter boy's foot caught on a small gap in the floor causing him to fall straight in his butt. And the taller to fall back.

             "Ouuugh.... That hurt....." The shorter groaned stating the obvious.

"It's your fault for not just following me out." The taller said as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Vlad..."

"I mean, come on, I said I wanted to get out of here because the places scares me-"

"Vlad...."

"So why couldn't you just-"

"Vlad come look at this!" The shorter boy said raising his voice to get past his friends complaining. Finally the young boy snapped out of his own complaining long enough to look around realizing his friend had disappeared.

"Where are you Siv!?" He called out.

"Over here!" He called out. The taller boy rounded a corner and found his friend looking at one of the walls of the cave, it was covered in what looked like some kind of hieroglyphic symbols. One in particular sent a chill down the young boy's spine. It appeared to be the silhouette of a girl, but out of her back appeared to be long black wing like shapes. The taller boy traced his fingers along the the edge of the wings.

"We're getting out of here, now." He said sternly grabbing the other boy's arm. Pulling him towards the exit. Suddenly, the smaller boy felt something, deep down inside, his eyes glazed over as he heard it.

"Come find me."
-------------------------------------------------------
Present day:
           Sivore's eyes shot open as he wiped his forehead. He sat up clenching his eyes shut as he rubbed his head.  'Even back then... he was against the whole thing....'