LXXIII- Noelle

Just as planned, Jenny's water broke less than three days after I got back home. I was in the middle of packing when Jake called me. Now, I'm waiting at the hospital because she only wants Jake and her mom in the room with her.

"Livia!" I look up to Bee running towards me. "Did she have her baby yet?"

I stand up, giving my best friend a hug. I haven't seen her or Luke since graduation. "Not yet, it's only been a few hours." I walk back to the chairs with her and we both sit down. "Where's Luke?"

"He's in the gift shop, trying to find something for Jenny." I'm surprised she made it in time for Jenny to have her baby. The last time I checked, they were in Chicago eating deep dish pizza.

I grab her hand and take a good look at her. "You cut your hair." I mention, noticing how her hair lands on her shoulders instead of the small of her back. Her hair used to be as long as mine. "When did that happen?"

She runs her fingers through it and smiles, "Oh, it got hot so I chopped it off. I kind of pull it off though, right?"

I nod, "Perfectly."

We take the time to catch up. She tells me about all of her adventures so far, while I talk about California. Minus the part where Shawn came with me. I talk about how nie Eve and Brent were and how Dean says he's changed but really hasn't. "You don't really think he'll follow you to New York do you? He's not that stupid."

I shrug, "I'd like to think he's not but who knows?"

I changed the subject not long after that. Explaining my plans to move to New York this month and bringing Seth with me. He already left, getting a bit of a head start to see his family before moving into dorms.

Luke finally shows up with a teddy bear and flowers. "Did she have her baby yet?"

Becca shakes her head. "Not yet come sit down."

I stand up and stretch, I normally hate hospitals. They're sad and creepy. Today is different though, today Jenny is going to become a mother. I know she'll be great at it and they'll be happy.

Hours and hours go by, it's dark out by the time Jake comes out. We're quick to make our way to him. "How are they?" I ask.

"They're perfect." He grins. "You guys can come in now."

The three of us practically trip over each other as we follow Jake to the room. We finally make it and see Jenny very sweaty and holding a beautiful baby girl. "Hey guys." She greets us.

Jenny's mom takes the baby from Jenny's arms and walks over to us. I'm the first to get to hold her. She's so tiny that I'm scared I'll hurt her, but I cradle her very carefully. "She's only eight pounds." Jake mentions.

"What's her name?" I ask, not able to take my eyes off of her. She's staring back at me with big blue eyes that look exactly like Jenny's.

"We named her Noelle, it's my sister's middle name."

Becca awes at her. "That's so pretty." I turn to her, placing Noelle carefully into Becca's arms. "Oh, I think she's falling asleep."

I look over at her closed eyelids and soft breaths. "We should let her rest...the both of them." I suggest, figuring Jenny is probably exhausted.

Becca agrees, placing Noelle in the little bassinet beside the bed. I walk up to Jenny and kiss her on the forehead. "Get some sleep."

She places her hand on my arm. "You too, go home. All of you."

"But-"

"We'll still be here tomorrow. I love you guys but you need sleep too."

We give in, promising to visit first thing in the morning.