XII- Halter

The next few weeks go by fairly fast. My mom and dad left for another business trip and Mr. Morgan and I did go back to normal. As for Dean, I finally feel like we're also doing ok. It's nice, having my life back on track.

My bruises on my arms are gone which means I can finally wear a short sleeve before the warm weather goes away. I look through my closet to try to find something cute before finally deciding on a halter top that ends just above my belly button.

I pick a pair of jeans a little tighter than usual but I feel really good. I don't have an hourglass figure, but I would consider myself to be curvy. I tend to hide my actual body shape in baggy clothes and hoodies. I'm not sure when that all started but at least I own a halter top for days like today.

When Dean calls me I pick up, "Good morning." I greet, still looking at myself in the mirror.

"Hey Liv, I'm almost there. My Dad was being a dick this morning so I left a little late." Dean grumbles.

As long as I've known Dean he's had a bad relationship with his dad. He never tells me the extent of it, I just hope he doesn't let it ruin his day. "You only have this year left." I remind him in an attempt to get him to cheer up.

Dean responds with, "It's still too long." Before telling me he's about to turn into my neighborhood and ending the call.

I grab my bag and rush downstairs just in time to meet Dean at the door. I smile as I show off my outfit to him. "There's no way you're wearing that." He says in a serious tone.

"Dean I wore less than this at the club three weeks ago," I say.

"Yeah, but it was dark and I was with you the whole time. This," He gestures at my outfit, "Is just asking for guys to hit on you at school."

I roll my eyes. He's never been in charge of my outfits, why does he suddenly care? "I don't know what's been going on with you lately but this control freak act needs to stop," I argue. I've been pretty quiet about everything else but he's not going to tell me what to wear.

Dean's eyes darken in anger, "You're my girlfriend and if I don't want you looking like a slut to school then you need to change." That voice sends chills down my spine. I've only heard it twice before.

When I don't say anything or move to change he forces his way in the house and grabs my arm. Dean starts walking up the stairs with me in tow. "Dean let go of me, I'm not changing!" I know I'm acting like a child but he can't continue to do this to me.

His grip is tighter and I mentally scream at the pain. Dean walks up to my bedroom and shoves me on the bed. I stand up as he looks through my closet. I've never seen him so determined before. "Dean stop!" I yell but he's not listening to me.

"You don't even know how controlling I can get Livia. Now take off your shirt and put this on." He says through his teeth.

A long sleeve plain black shirt is thrown in my face. I let it fall to the floor and cross my arms over my chest. "This is absolutely ridiculous and you know it," I argue.

He comes up to me and raises his hand, "What's ridiculous is you won't listen to me." He seethes before I feel a stabbing pain in my left cheek. I fall to the ground and grab my face, looking up at him.

Whoever is standing right in front of me, I don't know. He's not the same person I met three years ago. The Dean I knew would never hit me; he would never hurt me in general. "You hit me," I say through tears, the pain isn't why I'm crying. I'm crying because I can't believe the person in front of me.

Dean's breathing is unsteady and his composure softens slightly. "I'm sorry I was just so mad and I-" He pauses, "-It never would've happened if you had just listened to me." Dean kneels to the ground and picks up the shirt next to me. "Please, just put it on." He pleads with me.

I grab the hem of my shirt and pull it up over my head. The shirt falls to the ground as I take the black one from his hands. Dean watches me as I put it on and wipe the tears away. "Your face is going to have a bruise on it. You'll have to come up with an excuse." He tells me to which I nod. I don't feel like talking to him, I don't want to be near him but he scares me.

Dean stands up and holds his hand out for me to grab. He notices my hesitation. "Come on, we need to get to school." He says. We're probably late so I take his hand and let him help me up.

As we walk outside I feel hot so I roll up my sleeves. Then I remember how hard he grabbed me on the way up the stairs and roll it back down. The face will be hard enough to explain.  I think to myself.

We don't say much on the way to school. He just tells me how sorry he is and how much he didn't mean it. Apart of me wants so badly to believe him, to accept his apology, and move on. I'm just not sure if I can. "What do you need me to do to get past this?" He asks me once we arrive at school. We've already missed Mr. Morgan's class which is probably for the best. "Livia just talk to me, say anything."

I turn my head and look over at Dean, "I'm going to need some space." I say. "I want to forgive you but I can't because I'm afraid you'll hurt me again. You need help, Dean." I'm surprised that I had the guts to say all of that but it needed to be said.

Dean looks at me for a moment before sighing, "You're right." He agrees. "I'll get help."

-------------------

Shorter chapter I know don't hate me :)