LXVII- Prom

I grip the gold necklace between my fingers. It's the perfect addition to my yellow dress. "Your carriage my lady..." Seth gestures to his passenger seat as he holds the door open for me.

"What no motorcycle?" I joke.

Hunter gets out of the back seat and walks up to me with a corsage in his hand. I take it gratefully and put it on. They both look extremely good in their tuxes. I didn't expect them to collaborate the way they did either. Hunter has on a white collar shirt with a pastel yellow bow tie. One that has gold embroidery on it and matches my dress perfectly. Meanwhile, Seth has on the matching yellow vest with a white bow tie. They're the best prom dates I could ask for. Well...almost perfect. I know Shawn will be there but it will be as a chaperone. It's definitely not the same.

I pick up my dress and let Hunter guide me to the car.

Hunter gets in the back seat and it's not long after that we're headed to our prom. I used to dream of this day, looking at Pinterest for hours at a time for dress ideas. I never thought Jenny would be the one designing mine. Then again, I never thought I wouldn't be going with Dean. If there's anything this year has taught me, it's that things change.

Once we arrive, Jenny and Becca greet us immediately. Jenny might be seven months pregnant but her dress covers it extremely well. "You both look gorgeous." I say as I hug them, careful not to mess anyone's hair or makeup. When we first walk in, we're greeted with professional photographers who ask us if they can take our pictures. The seven of us squeeze in as close together as we can and say cheese. They take a few more pictures, each with different poses and faces. I can't wait to frame them all in my dorm next year.

We move on from the photo area so others can get a chance. Then we make our way to one of the tables. "Hey look, isn't that Mr. Morgan?" Seth points across the room to our teacher.

I whip my head around and watch as he walks in. The photographer is trying to get pictures of him. "He's taking pictures by himself?" Jenny questions.

Hunter looks at me, "One of us should go take some with him."

"I vote you Livia, you're his TA." I turn to my friends who are egging me on.

It doesn't take long for me to give in, knowing that I want to be close to him. I make my way over to him and the photographer, "Would you like some company?" I ask, walking completely up to him now.

He looks down at me, admiring my dress and lifting his hand up to touch my necklace. "I can't believe you're still wearing this." He says so softly only I can hear him.

The photographer speaks up, "This is perfect you two are matching. Lean in a little closer and smile." I do as I'm told, wrapping my arm around Shawn's back and waiting for his arm to snake around my waist and pull me in closer.

The man tells us to smile, we do so while the camera clicks and flashes multiple times. "That's good guys, alright who's next?"

Shawn and I move out of the way. "You really are matching me." I laugh, noticing his tie.

He smirks, "This old thing? It just so happens, I wore this tie to my prom."

"You did?" I ask, not being able to believe the coincidence.

Shawn nods and then looks up to the table where my friends are at. "They're staring at us." He tells me.

I follow his gaze to see that they are, "They're the ones who told me to take pictures with you." I begin to walk away, he grabs my wrist lightly.

"You look beautiful." Shawn whispers in my ear before letting me go.

I walk away with a smile on my face. "Mr. Morgan cleans up really nicely." Becca mentions.