Chapter 4

"What happened to you? You look like you're about to pass out." Zelda looks at me with a weird face. "I might as well. You're already giving me a headache.." I grumble. I continue to drive until everyone complains they have to use the bathroom, literally, everyone.

So I sigh, while pulling over, and we all make our separate ways for privacy, except for me and Thea, since she also has to go and she can't kill zombies yet. When we get there I focus on keeping watch, when I flee something nuzzle my leg. I quickly snap my head to my ankle, shock written all over my face.

How had these things survived? In The Walking Dead, the zombies ate animals, and I hasn't seen many animals this far, there's no logic about how they survived unless this apocalypse isn't exactly like I thought it was.

I pick the puppy up, it barks at me while licking my face. "A puppy!" Thea yells excitedly, I put my finger to my lips as a gesture to be quieter, she seems to understand me as she repeats, "a puppy!" quieter. I laugh softly as she looks so fascinated by it.

I suddenly feel more nuzzles against my leg and see a whole litter of pups. It's so rare to see dogs these days, and we were supposed to adopt one... so why not take care of them all? 

I take out a folded bag I brought with me in case we needed extra supplies and place the puppies gently in the bag, then I carry them slowly to the car, luckily not seeing any threats. I see the others leaning against the car, chillin' like a villain. "What are you holding there?" Dan eyes me suspiciously. "Puppies." Everyone cracks up in laughter besides Thea and I. 

"That's really funny! Seriously though, what is it?" I stare blankly. "As I said, puppies." They roll their eyes. "Let me see it." Zelda holds out her hand. "Nope, I'll just show you though." I open the bag up and take out of the puppies. This one is shy and shaky, I'll have to come up with names later... they gape at me. "You actually meant puppies! Can I have one?" She asks. "No" I answer right away.

"They are to train and protect us while still being family, mainly because I love dogs. And since I'm really good with dogs, I'm labeling them as mine, but you can play  with them sometimes." I smile. "Ok!" She gives me a thumbs up.

"What are their names?" They ask. "I'm going to place them down ands eye how the react, and judging by their reactions, I'll make their names." I conclude, deciding it was a good idea.

I placed them down and right away their personalities were shown. One of them was quite sassy, barking a lot, growling at anyone who tried to touch her except me. She instantly became my favorite, so I named her my favorite name, "Sasha" I said aloud.

The next one was very elegant, she had a calm vibe around her, she greeted everyone with kidness, and seemed so royal. Because of her elegance, I went with the name "Faith" I said aloud as well.

The next one was a male he was very energetic, he was protective, and as soon as I said his name, he ran to me, sitting right in front of me, like a guard taking orders, he was extremely brave, so I,went with the name "Balto" after the famous husky.

The last one was extremely strong, I dropped my knife while trying to keep the puppies in place and he easily picked it up and handed it to me. I swear I didn't even train them yet....

"I've decided, his name is Charlie, after the strongest husky alive." I smile, satisfied. "Ok, so Sasha, Faith, Balto, and Charlie." Dan concluded. I nodded. There were only 4 puppies there, which is more the enough. 

Suddenly I hear a phone ring. I whip my head around to see a zombie coming at us, and the phone ringing was coming from his suit pocket. I gasped, half in shock, half in joy. I quickly kill him by stabbing his head, and grab the phone. 

Dialing he number of my best friend I get ready to warn her about the apocalypse.

"Hello? Who is this?" I near her voice.

"This is Azure. I want to warn you about the upcoming apocalypse coming your way, please, please be safe. I lost mom already, I can't lose you too. Be prepared, the battery will run out soon since there is no power, pack food and the essentials including weapons, I'll meet you in Alaska. See you there Sprinkles." I call her sprinkles because She reminded me of rainbow sprinkles, one minute she was all fun and happy, next she was savage.

I put the phone in my pocket and turn it off to preserve the battery, I sigh, looking at everyone's expression.

"What?" I ask.