12. Sneak Attack

"I never expected anything big

"I never expected anything big. Maybe a card and a kiss, a couple flowers if I was lucky," Louise says, eyeing Sarah and I as she tells us what happened on her anniversary night.

"What'd he do?" I ask.

"Honey, cover your ears," she teases. Louise leans further against the bar counter, placing her chin on her arms.

"Please. Delta's knows what sex is," Sarah retorts, playfully batting her friend's arm.

"Ah, but it wasn't just sex."

"How erotic," I joke.

Louise ignores my comment as she looks at me with dreamy eyes, and I think she might still be stuck in last Friday night. "I walked into the house, and there were rose petals everywhere. Candles were set on every table, a couple champagne bottles lay around here and there. He's leaning against the wall in the hallway waiting for me, and by then I'm ready to head to bed with him." She waves her hand in the air to signal what happened afterwards. I giggle, covering my mouth with my hand.

Sarah snorts. "Did Timothy hear you guys?"

"Johnny dropped him off at our friend's house. It was just the two of us," Louise says, winking.

"God, I'm so not ready for marriage," Sarah starts. "I mean, there'll be times like this, but what about the arguing? The kids? Arguing and kids?"

"Arguing's normal," Louise states. "What kind of a relationship would it be without disagreements?"

"And kids?"

"The best things in your life."

I laugh when Sarah shakes her head, eyeing Louise with a look of uncertainty. Despite being married for a while, she still acts like every day is the first day she fell in love with Johnny. I can trust them with knowing I'm just a teenager working at a club. They treat me like I'm an adult, sharing with me their good moments, bad moments, and everything in between.

"It's honestly so empty tonight, I might as well just ask Booker for the day off," Sarah says, gazing around Shell Shock at the lack of customers we have tonight. She's right: there's barely anyone here.

"Where is Booker anyways?" I ask. I haven't seen our boss when I walked in, and it's been a solid hour since my shift started.

"Good evening ladies," someone behind us greets.

The three of us turn around to see a young man wearing dark jeans and a black dress shirt, hugging his torso perfectly. He's tall with hazel eyes and black hair, and he's smiling, showing off his pearly white teeth. He is quite the handsome fella, with a walk that could tear through fire and a warrior's stance. He almost seems fictional, too perfect to be real.