Chapter Twenty: Revelations and Promises

She was ignoring me still. I controlled her pleasure, made her see stars and the heavens but once she came down from those heights she was icy and cold towards me. I hated that she was showing her preference to Lyxton over me. He made her laugh and smile and she refused to give those warm looks to me. I looked for her in the Forest, she was gathering herbs for Lyxton, barely looking at me unless she was scowling darkly.

He looked proud of himself and I bared my teeth in agitation. I didn't understand how the female could moan out my name as I took her to heights I knew no other had ever taken her, only to shut me out during the day like she was. We were growing closer and closer to our hunting grounds and the time for her to choose was growing slimmer and Lyxton simply smirked at me, laughing as she continually approached him over me. I drew her into my arms nightly, showing her again and again that no one could make her feel as I did yet she continually denied me.

Take female

Claim her

Breed her

My instinct hounded me constantly. I wanted to place my babe within her so she couldn't leave me but I knew my own limits with her and how females could see that deception. Lyxton approached me and I couldn't help the warning growl I gave out. Some how the little female had stuck herself between me and my brother, dividing us. I didn't like but I couldn't control how I felt. I had found her first, I had made my claim on her and Lxyton was a threat to that claim over the fertile female.

"Easy, brother. Always so serious." His mouth twitched upwards as he looked at me and I glowered at him, unable to find his ease with the situation. He settled in to stand beside me and it took everything I had not to lash out at him like my instinct demanded. Its whispers were insidious.

Remove competition

Take female for self

It repeated over and over again as it mixed with its pushes to claim the little pixie and ensure a babe rested deep in her belly. I bared my teeth, my gaze landing on her. She was elegant and beautiful and I was satisfied with the fact she was the one who would bear my young. I had refused to allow such thoughts before but scents did not lie and she was now highly compatible with me. Her scent growing more and more sweet and warm the longer I was around her. It was enough to drive a male mad with his desire to claim.

"She's a beautiful female, isn't she?" Lyxton was looking at me but I refused to meet his gaze, an unwanted growl building in my chest at his appreciation for the creature my instinct and I had deemed was our own. "No need to reply to me, its painted all over your face." He gave a chuckle at that and it had me bristling angrily. I didn't like being so transparent but I had to calm myself down with the reminder that he was my twin and he saw through everything I tried to hide. "She likes me. Sweet little thing." He said it offhandedly and I snapped my teeth with aggression, whirling around to hit him but he simply deflected the hit and tripped me, sending me to the ground with ease.

I sputtered with anger, hating that I had fallen for that stupid trick. I shoved against the ground and Lyxton let out a heavy sigh. "You are so stupid." He reached down and yanked me back to my feet. "Letting anger guide you. Mama always said you were the act first think second child." He brushed me off, ignoring my agitated movements to get him to let me go. "That female prefers me to you for one reason." He let me go and I shook myself off, glaring at him darkly. He didn't see to care about that as he rolled his eyes. "She is upset with you, brother." He said it like I hadn't already guessed it and I scoffed.

"I noticed that. I'm not blind." I didn't like him insinuating that I was. My gaze flickered to the little female who was sitting down, scanning the herbs in her lap as if trying to figure out which one was which.