Chapter 9

Author's Note:
So, I've realized that I need to speed up the timeline of the story a bit. I'm going to make this chapter a collection of moments before an actual event. I'm sorry if it's a little confusing, please keep reading. Thank you so much for reading.

Your POV

I lay on my bed, staring up at the ceiling, wrapped in her arms. She sleeps in my bed every night now. I do everything I can with her, go to the studio, out to restaurants. I love being in her life, but I'm afraid of when September comes. I'm going to be in Boston and I'm not sure if we'll survive. I love her, I've known I loved her since our first date:
"This restaurant is really good." I say taking another bite of my burrito.

"I don't fuck around with Mexican food." She tells me.

"Yeah, but nothing can top my abuelita's food." She smiles at me and leans in. "Family food is always the best food." She says and kisses me.

I knew when I asked her to be my girlfriend:
We sat outside on the porch looking out at the summer rain. It was wonderfully cool that day. I ran out into the shower, "What are you doing?" She yells.

"I love the rain." I say, spinning around with my face tilted towards the sky. She walks to me and puts her arms around me from the back. I turn to face her and kiss her lightly and then dragging her, running down the path to the beach. With our hands intertwined we walk down the beach, our clothes soaked and hair sopping wet. We don't say anything just being with each other.

When we finally returned to the house I pull her towards me kissing her deeply, her warm lips and the cold rain on our faces. I wish I could stay in this moment forever kissing her in this rain. We break apart, gasping, "Lauren Jauregui, will you be my girlfriend?" I ask with my arms still around her waist.

She smiles, "Of course, I already considered you my girlfriend."

When I met her parents:
"Mom, Dad, this is my girlfriend, Y/F/N." Lauren introduces me to a kind looking man and woman.

"It's nice to meet you both." I say shaking both their hands before we sit down at our table.

"You aren't in the industry, Y/N?" Clara asks me.

"Nope, just a regular person." I tell her.

"She's going to Harvard Med in the fall, she wants to be a neurologist." Lauren tells her.

"Really, why Neurology?" Mike asks me.

"I've wanted to be a doctor since I was very young, but I'm fascinated by Neurology because the brain controls everything. 3 pounds of flesh hold all our actions, thoughts and memories." Mike nods thoughtfully, but Clara still looks unconvinced. I glance over at Lauren.

"Mom, is there anything else you'd like to ask Y/N?"

"Yes, I think I do. Are you just after my daughter's fame and money?" Clara asks with venom in voice.

Lauren sits there shocked, but I say, "I assure you I care for your daughter very much and am not after those things."

"Mom, Y/N has family money and is perfectly capable of making her own money." She speaks with a raised voice, I grab her clenched hand under the table.

"I'm my own person, my father made his own money and I try not to ever except anything. My family payed my college tuition, but I intend to pay my own way through medical school." I tell them.

"That's admirable." Mike says and smiles at me. He seems like a very kind man. Lauren clearly cares for him very much.

*after dinner*