Chapter 3

Your POV

As I walk into the warm summer air I stop to lean against the wall of the bar and stop to process everything that has happened tonight. It was amazing, as I sort through the memories I pick the ones I will keep forever. I just had a conversation, a real one with Lauren Jauregui, my queen. My phone buzzes jolting me from my stupor.

Lex: You better get back to the house right now, Jess is pissed. I think she might start throwing things again.
Me: Just try to keep it to pillows please or my dad will never let us use the house again.

Jess and Lex are my two best friends from high school. Jess is a type- A athletic type, probably why we but heads so much. Lex is lot quieter, more calm. She serves as a moderator between Jess and I. I'm really glad we stayed in touch through college, especially since they have so much dirt on me.

Later that night

"So first you don't tell us you were dating someone, then you didn't tell us you broke up and then you ditched us to go to some random bar?" Jess is placing around the room, fuming, but I'm not worried. She runs hot, but she cools down fast.

"Yes, I'm a terrible friend. Look I'm sorry I just really didn't think there was anything to tell it was super casual. Also you know I like to spend sometime alone with things to digest them."

She sinks back on to the couch across from me. "I knew this was going to happen, relationships never survive the distance of college, the not seeing each other every day."

I walk over to her and put my arm around her. "Hey, come on you know it's not that at all. And I can tell you everything now. Better late than never right?" I squeeze her, "Come on, you know you can't resist. You have to know."

"Uhh yes, fine, you're right now spill." She says squeezing me back, hard.

"Tell us everything, leave nothing out." Lex chimes in.

So I proceed to explain my sort of relationship, in detail, as requested. Even once I finished the story the girls had a million questions. Jess had her classic response to all break ups, forget them and sleep with a bunch of people. But I was over it. He's a worm and I'm not going to let him ruin my summer.

I answered a lot of them before my phone buzzed in my pocket. I took it out. It's a message from Lauren.
Lauren: Hey, so I suddenly have a bunch of time, you want to hang out somewhere?

I smile widely at this, and apparently the girls notice because they snatch the phone away and begin to read the message aloud. "Ah give it back."

"hey I'm suddenly very free tomorrow, want to hang out somewhere? Ooh this looks promising. Did you meet someone at the bar?"

"Who's it from?" Lex asks.

"Lauren Jauregui" She botches the pronunciation on her last name. "Isn't that the girl from Fifth Harmony, the one who you always talking about?" She looks over at me, questioningly.

"Why do you have a celebrity's number? And why would they be texting you to hang out? You met her once, right?" Lex joins in.

"Did you become best friends during the maybe two minute photo op? Besides you would've been ecstatic, and told us immediately. Course apparently you can keep a secret pretty well."

I throw her a dirty look at that and she gives me a sarcastic smile. "Twice, I've met her twice. Though I suppose it's three times now."

"What?" They say in unison.

"Um you know how I went to a bar, well she was there and we were having a conversation before you started blowing up my phone." I give Jess a pointed look for that.

"Wait so you saw Lauren Jauregui in a bar and she gave you her number? You have really got to be more forthcoming." She slaps me on the arm. I rub my arm it hurt. She may just be kidding but she doesn't really know her own strength.

"She gave me her number as I was leaving. It's really weird because I've like professed my love and said I wanted to marry her. But she's not just some idol now, she's a person, a person I want to get to know. Because she's the most beautiful person inside and out."

"Well she gave you her number, so maybe she likes you." says Jess.

"Yeah, maybe she wants to marry you too." We all laugh at that. Even quiet, little Lex isn't above sarcasm.

We all decided to go to bed after that and once I'm laying in bed I text Lauren.
Me: Sure where
Lauren: I don't know, hanging out in public can be kind of chaotic
Me: Well you can come over to the house bring a bathing suit
Lauren: Cool sounds fun I'll be there
And I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.