Chapter 8

Lauren's POV

I woke up searching for the warm body of the person I fell asleep next. But she's gone, that's when I hear the shower running and a voice singing... Write On Me. Huh interesting choice, older, but one of my favorites. I decide to join her and walk into the steamy bathroom. She doesn't here me come in and I can only see her silhouette through the fogged up glass. I open the door and walk into the shower, very big, nice. She turns to look at me and stops singing. "You're supposed to be asleep. You were not supposed to hear that." She says.

"Why, you're pretty good?" I reply.

"Hah, yeah right." She rolls her eyes at this.

"No, I'm serious. Have you heard some of the singers today, no talent." I say stepping closer to her and wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Just because the bar is set low doesn't mean it's a good judge of skill." She points out, as she places her arms on my shoulders and presses our bodies together, pulling me into the hot water.

We spend a lot of time in there, washing each other's bodies and just savoring the warmth of the water. She may have been modest before but she seems quite confident now. "The water won't runout." She whispers in my ear with her arms around my waist and her front pressed against my back. "We'll just have to decide to get out at some point." I sigh and turn to face her kissing her one more time before stepping out.

She begins to rifle through the drawers and says "you can borrow some of my clothes, but I don't think my bras will." She says holding up her one of her large cupped bras.

"Yeah your boobs are pretty big." I say and move to cup them with my hands.

"Hey" She interjects, slapping my hand away. "Guess you're just going to have to go bra less."

"I have no problem with that. But wouldn't you rather me in just this towel?" I say with a little hair flip.

"I would, but I'm not so sure about the girls. Or at least Lex, would feel about it. Jess would just go with it." She replies and throws me some clothes.

We walk downstairs holding hands. I just need to be close to her, even if it's just holding her hand. We find Y/N's friend Jess in the kitchen eating cereal. "Where's Lex? She's always up before us." Y/N asks her friend.

"She didn't come home last night, seems I'm the only one not getting any." She says, observing our interlocked hands.

"Out of character for you, isn't it?" She jokes, which earns her a playful slap on the arm.

Y/N begins to move around the kitchen grabbing ingredients so I sit down at the counter. She's mixing up a batter when my phone buzzes (D- Dinah, L- Lauren)
D: Girl where are you
L: at home
D: no you ain't
L: how do you know that
D: cause I'm at your house now
L: why
D: surprise interview
L: what
D: yeah now where are you we're coming to pick you up
L: Y/N's house
D: ooh details
L: later

"I'm sorry" I say to Y/N, feeling especially bad since she's making breakfast. "But apparently we're doing an interview and the girls are coming to pick me up."

"No problem, do you have time for waffles though?" She says placing a whole patch of waffles on a plate.

"Evil" I laugh and take the plate she holds out to me, "got any syrup?"

We sit eating for a while, And Y/N answered a bunch of questions Jess had about last night or at least until this one: "so how was the sex?"

"Jess" She says, a little scandalized, but not surprised.