Smile For Me

(Why do people like this shitty story? Oh well XD)

~3rd person POV~

     Zim seemed to be the only one affected by Dib's death. No one else seemed to care. Even his own family had better things to do.
     Zim buried Dib in the woods near the river he drowned in. He used a large piece of wood as a tombstone. Zim didn't write Dib's name however. He simply wrote one word.
     "Smile".
     Smiling was something Dib had almost always done, no matter what the situation was.
     He even died smiling.
     Oh the irony...
     Zim felt responsible for Dib's death. He had read the reponse letter that Dib wrote. He really wished that he could have explained everything.
     The letter Dib had read was from when Zim first met him. When Zim truly hated him.
     Zim started skipping skool. There was no point in going. He hardly even left the house anymore.
     Gir spent a lot of time in Dib's room since it was basically abandoned now.
    Other then that, Gir hardly changed at all. He was still cheerfully, quirky, random, and annoying.
     Typical Gir.
     Zim however had changed a lot. He was no longer a bully. He hardly ever spoke in class, and when he did, he made it as short as possible.
     Zim visited Dib's grave every chance he got. Every time it came into view, he would take a deep breath and smile.
     No matter how much he wanted to cry, his smile never faltered.
     He never smiled anywhere else though. He had no reason to, right?
     He thought about Dib suddenly. How in the worst of times, he choose to smile. When be wanted to cry, he smiled through the tears. When he died, he still tried to smile.
     "Smile..." Zim said to himself while walking to skool.
     The word smile repeated in his head over and over.
     "Smile...!" Zim said with more confidence.
     He imagined Dib in this situation. He would be crying for sure, but he'd also be holding a smile.
     Zim sighed. He truly missed Dib greatly.
     Images of Zim hugging Dib's cold, wet, lifeless body clung to his mind. Almost all his best and worst memories were of Dib.
     Zim knew his love for Dib was toxic. Their whole relationship was toxic. Zim knew that they'd both be better off if they never met.
     But he was glad. Glad they met. He was glad for all the laughs, smiles, and tears they had shared.
     He realized there was,one thing left he could do for Dib. To honor him and hopefully stop the pain in Zim's broken heart.
     Zim reached the gates of the skool. He stopped and looked in.
     "Here I go..." he murmured.
     He took a deep breath and smiled.
     Almost immediately, tears threatened to spill from his eyes. He didn't stop them, he let them fall. Just like Dib would.
     He stopped walking and looked up at the sky.
     "There..." he whispered with tears falling down his cheeks. "I'm smiling".
     Everyone was giving him strange looks but he didn't care.
     "I'm smiling, I'm smiling..." he repeated a few times, though it was difficult to understand since he was crying.
     "I'm smiling..." he repeated one last time before entering the skool building, still holding the smile.

     I'm smiling for you.