Clarity

(GASP! 3 chapters in one day!? Weird, I know! I was going to publish it tomorrow but it was done so I decided to just do it lol anyways, enjoy a happy chapter for once!)

~3rd person POV~

     Days passed by, neither of them wanted to talk to each other after what happened.
     Days turned into weeks.
     Weeks turned into months.
     It was now winter.
     Dib never took off the trench coat because deep down, he was still in love.
     Hopelessly in love...
     Zim always sent Gir to keep Dib company because he wanted to make sure he's alright, because he's in love too.
     Pointlessly in love...
     Neither of them had a reason to be alive, but they refused to interact with each other.
     Zim is too scared that Dib hates him.
     Dib is worried that Zim forgot about him.
     Who says love is always wonderful?

                        ~Dib's POV~

     I signed and looked out my window towards my former friend's and current crush's house. No lights were on and the window was closed.
     I looked at Gir, who had come to visit me quite often. I enjoyed the company, but I still missed Zim.
     I opened my window to breath in some fresh air. The radio was on in the background. I had been ignoring it until now. Now it was playing a song. I stayed silent to listen, Gir turned it up a bit.

High dive into frozen waves
Where the past comes back to life
Fight fear for the selfish pain
It was worth it every time
Hold still,  right before we crash
'Cause we both know how this ends
Our clock ticks till it breaks your glass
And I drown in you again
'Cause you are the piece of me
I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly
I still fight and I don't know why
If our love is tragedy
Why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity
Why are you my clarity?

     I turned off the radio suddenly. Tears were streaming down my cheeks.
     "You ok?" Gir asked while tilting his head curiously.
     I hesitated before responding.
     "Gir, can I come over to your place?" I asked quietly.
     "Of course!" He practically yelled before flying out the window.
     I guess I'm leaving now.
     I slipped on my shoes before running down the stairs, out the door, and to his house.
     Gir had already gone in. I took a large breath. My heart was racing. I paused before knocking lightly on the door.
     No response.
     I knocked again, louder this time.
     Still nothing.
     I was about to give up and walk away when the door started opening.
     "Z-zim...?" I asked softly. I ignored my stutter completly.
     "Dib...?" Hearing his voice after so long was amazing.
     "ZIM!" I yelled happily, I pushed the door open fully and hugged him. The impact sent us both onto the ground, but I didn't care. I hugged him tightly, tears of happiness were in my eyes.
     "I missed you" I murmured. I buried my face into his chest happily. He put his hand on my head and pet my hair softly.
     "I missed you too..." he said, even quieter then I did.
     "I'm so sorry!" We both said at the same time, causing us to erupt into a fit of laughter.
     "I love you..." I said quietly.
     "You... do?"
     Not quietly enough apparently...
     "Well, I, um... ya see-" I was cut off by his lips against mine, he pulled away rather quickly.
     "I love you too" he purred.
     I hugged him tightly.
     "Thank you Zimmy" I murmured. I closed my eyes. I soon fell fast asleep.

You're my clarity...