Broken Heart

(You asked for it, so here ya go!)

~Zim's POV~

     I understood the text perfectly. I stopped what I was doing and ran. I stepped outside, only to be greeted with an icy wind. I ran back in and dug through my closet. I finally found my uniform. I had forgotten I owned it.
     It had long sleeves so it'd be warmer. I quickly changed into it before running out again with Gir at my heels. I ignored the fact that he appeared put of no where and ran faster.
     "Gir! Track the human- uh... Dib's location!"
     "Yes sir!" He was actually helping for once. "Location achieved!"
     "Take me there at once!"
     Gir saluted and picked me up. He flew much faster then I could ever run.
     In a matter of minutes, we reached a river. Water crashed over the edge. I jumped quickly to avoid it.
     "Why Dib? Why a fucking river!?" I yelled.
     "Master...?"
     "What?"
     "Look...!" Gir pointed to the bank of the river. I could slightly see a body half out of the water.
     "Go" I stated simply, though he understood quickly.
     Gir flew over, he retrieved the body and brought it to me.
     Just as I thought.
     "Dib..." I whispered. I could hear the water sloshing around inside of him.
     I know I learned SOMETHING in skool that could help him! But what...?
    Then it hit me.
     I pushed his stomach up and down in an attempt to push up the water.
     Nothing happened.
     I wave of fear fell over me. I pushed faster, praying silently that he'd be ok.

   Suddenly I heard him gag, before he sat up abruptly and threw up all the water.
     After about a minute, he stopped. He coughed a few times, drops of blood sprayed everywhere as a result.
     "You're alive!" I hugged him tightly, he didn't react.
     "You ok...?" I let go and looked him in the eyes. He looked pale and drained.
     He smiled suddenly, despite the state he was in, he smiled. He didn't seem even seem to know I was here.
     "Dib?" I whispered cautiously. I put my arms around him, not to hug him, but to make him feel secure, to let him know I was there.
     The smile stuck on his face. His chest was against me, yet I couldn't feel a heartbeat. That was one thing I knew. Humans have heartbeats.
     He suddenly went limp.
     "No, no, NO!" I looked him in the eyes. They were dull, like unpolished stones.
     The smile on his face had finally faltered.
     I hugged his lifeless body. Tears streamed down my face.
     "I couldn't save you..." I cried... "I'm sorry..."
     The water on his clothes burned my skin but I didn't care. The physical pain was nothing compared to the emotional pain.
     For the first time ever, Gir was silent. Completly silent.
     And I was broken.

     Completly heartbroken...