26. - Whatever Tomorrow Brings I'll Be There With Open Arms And Open Eyes

Start from the beginning

“Why do you look as if you’re having a hangover?” Matt teased and took the aviators from my eyes.  I grabbed them again and put them back on my face. We stood there for some more minutes before we checked in and got into the plane. I was sitting next to McKenna and she didn’t stop talking when I just wished for some sleep.

-x-

“Papa Gates? Can you do me a favor?” I asked and looked up from my phone.

“What do you want, kiddo?” he asked and didn’t look up from his laptop. I could bet he was writing something about me – again!

“You’re going into town later, right?” He nodded. “Can you take me with you and show me where I can get to Camden Market?” I asked.

“Wanna see the horse hospital?” I made a noise to show him, that I didn’t understand what he was saying. “You should check it out, it’s pretty cool and I know you’ll like it!”

“I’m not really into horses so I don’t see the point in seeing those sick animals,” I explained.

He just laughed and told me, that it had been a horse hospital a long time ago and that the place was now filled with little shops. I promised him I would give it a try, but wasn’t sure if I would share his enthusiasm.

“I’m meeting someone there, so maybe he can show me around.”

“A man? Trying to make Johnny jealous, uh?” He chuckled.

“How could that work if he doesn’t know I’m meeting someone?” I asked and sat down next to him.

“We can arrange that,” he smirked and grabbed his phone from the table.

“Oh geez, don’t do this! And Steve is high over heels into another woman.”

“Steve? Do you know this guy? I don’t want to worry about you, hun,” he said with a serious expression.

“It’s Steve Forrest, I’ve seen him on the award show and we stayed in contact,” I explained.

“He will be even more interested in that fact. But I’m going to send this to my son, won’t make it so obvious.” He typed on his phone.

“I feel bad for you, when you bring your first boyfriend  home,” I said towards McKenna, who had just entered the room.

“I feel sorry for that guy,” she said and I started laughing, while I could see a smile on her father’s face.

Not long after that we were on our way and drove with the tubes – where we almost lost McKenna – and then we separated. I saw a bus which said Camden Market, so I shouldn’t be difficult for me to find my way. I had texted Steve and he had promised me to pick me up from the bus stop. I was amazed! After we had passed a bridge the peaceful London started to live. I could see so many different people, colorful shops, tattoo parlors and so much more – I loved it!

“Glad you could make it,” Steve greeted me and we hugged. We made a tour through this part of the town and I could understand why he wanted to live here. I was impressed by the horse hospital and we spent an hour walking through the huge place. After some time we walked towards his apartment, grabbed his guitar and left for a bar. Well this was easier said than done, because Steve’s orientation was the worst!

It was a great night and I had much of fun. Well while Steve was on “stage” with his band ‘Planes’ – they were only playing a free gig in a small pub – I was sitting at a table and watched them while drinking my beer. The time they had finished it was pretty late. We just sat there and chatted, drank beer and by time we finished it was almost midnight.