24. - They Say That All Beauty Must Die, I Say It Just Moves On

Zacky's POV

I closed the door of my car and walked over to Syn. „Someone’s already here?“ I asked and lit a cigarette. “I think Kay's already inside, I could hear the piano when I entered. But it seemed she didn't hear me. Matt and Johnny are missing.” He paused. “Should be interesting today,” he said and waited for me to finish my cigarette. Interesting was the understatement of the year!

I didn't smoke my entire cigarette and snipped it on the ground and stomped on it, before I made my way to the studio with Gates. He had come back yesterday and we had informed him, what had happened on New Year’s Eve. I don't think Kim and Johnny had seen each other since then.

“Kind of depressing, isn't it?” Brian asked when we could hear the music coming from inside louder.

“Oh Gosh, this will be harder than expected,” I sighed and walked through the door to stand in the same room as Kay, who sat behind the piano and was playing an emotional song.

“Hey, Kay,” I yelled so she could hear me. Her head shoot up and a smile was plastered on her face. She stood up and took Brian in a bone crushing hug, which didn't only seem to surprise him, but also me. “Hey, Brian, good to see you again. How was the vacation, you have to tell me everything,” she said and dragged him towards the couch at the end of the room. He gave me a confused glace, but I just shrugged my shoulders. So she and Gates talked when Matt arrived and we waited for Larry and Johnny to discuss the time plan for the show we would be attending. Larry was the next to arrive and he didn't seem more surprised as the rest of us as he saw Kim laughing about something Gates had said. That was until Johnny arrived. Right then the atmosphere was tense and Kim's eyes widened when she saw Johnny. His right eye was framed by a beautiful purple color and I saw a smirk appear on Matt's face for a short time. He looked like he hadn't slept that much in the last days as his eyes were bloodshot.

“Okay, as we're all here now,” Larry said and broke the silence. “So, first of all, you have to perform one song at the show,” and with that he went on and on.

After he had told us the time schedule and we decided to play ‘Buried Alive’, I saw Kim texting on her phone a few times. “Are we finished for today?” she asked.

“Yeah, think….” Larry didn’t finish his sentence when she was almost at the door.

“Kim, please let me talk to you,” Johnny said and he really sounded more miserable then he already looked.

“I don’t have time for that and beside that, I think you have made it very clear what you are thinking,” she said and walked through the door.

“What the fuck was that?” Brian asked confused. I walked towards the window and looked outside. Kim was just getting in a car which stood in the little driveway.

“Who’s that someone she’s kissing?” Gates asked who stood next to me.

“What?” we heard Johnny yell and he didn’t need a second to shove me away and look through the glass. “Guys, that’s just Tracey,” he said relieved.

“But does she know that Tracey is bisexual?” Brian questioned.

“Guys, actually he didn’t say that it was a kiss on the mouth,” I said and earned some angry glances. “And now let’s step back from the window, before they think we’re some sort of stalker and head to the bar,” I said and walked towards the door.

-x-

I could hear Kim's voice through the door of our suite. Usually we just book hotel rooms for ourselves, but this time we got this huge suite with room for every one of us. I put my phone in my pocket and looked curious at the door where the loud noise came from.