26. - Whatever Tomorrow Brings I'll Be There With Open Arms And Open Eyes

I was in my car and drove towards the restaurant where we had rented a room for our celebration. All of the guy’s families would come together with the crew – at least the ones who were still here with us. Some of them had travelled down with our busses before. When I had come home the girls had already been gone home, I had brought Napoleon to Joanna, who would take care of him the whole time I would be away, and then had showered and changed. I didn’t wear something fancy, just some boots, a washed out tight jeans and a shirt which said “I LIKE YOU BECAUSE WE HATE THE SAME STUFF”. I had decided I wouldn’t drink today as I had drank way to much the last night and somebody had to be sober to bring some people home. And I had an early flight the next morning to catch.

I was one of the first people and so far there was only Larry and his wife and Johnny’s mother Joanna. Slowly the others arrived and the room was filled with laughter and some chit-chat. I sat next to Matt and Val when Jess arrived and took the seat next to me.

“How are you?” she asked.

“I’m okay, how are you?” Before she could answer my question Matt hold a bottle in his hands and I bet our both heads turned green at the side of it.

“Had a wild night?” I heard Papa Gates ask and he slung an arm around my shoulder.

“Stealing my woman again, Kay? Share a bit, you had her the whole night,” JB said suddenly and lifted Jess from her seat, so she could sit down on his lap.

“I’ll spend some extra time tonight with you,” she tried to whisper in his ear, but I could hear also. I didn’t have the time to answer one question as Papa Gates assumed we had a really wild night. But even he was interrupted when the door opened and someone yelled “So whoever pays the most gets a video of the famous Kay singing,” and all quiet down to look to the door where Tracey stood. My eyes grew wide and I looked at her in shock. She waved with her camera in the air and I could hear Jess snickering beside me.

“Think about it, sweetie,” I said sweetly while I could see that she couldn’t catch on. “If I’m on the video singing and Tracey had recorded it…” I said and saw her suddenly horrified expression.

“If we team up, she doesn’t have a chance,” Jess said and we both run towards the woman as we saw Papa Gates walked towards her interested. As soon as he saw the two of us running he also speed up his pace. We didn’t expect the whole attention this would get and soon the guys were around Tracey.

“Tackle,” Jess screamed and we both attacked Tracey and with that we were all on the floor. But somehow Tracey lay on top of me and Jess on top of her holding the camera.

“Ouch,” I said when an elbow hit my ribs. I heard a lot of laughing around us, but ignored it when Jess asked horrified what we had done yesterday. “Someone remember this?” she said and shoved the camera in my face to show me a picture of us laying on the street.

“That would explain the bruises on my back,” I said and saw the smirk on Papa Gates face and screamed she should delete it, before he could catch the camera. Jess jumped up and run out of the room.

“Get off of me,” I said and shoved the woman from me. I saw a hand in front of me and took it gladly so I was finally on my feet again. I saw Johnny helping Tracey and the two of them left the room together. A pain of jealousy filled me and I quickly looked at another direction. I couldn’t help it and we weren’t even together anymore.

It felt as jealous as the time when Johnny and she had pretended to date. Johnny had a hickey on his neck (usually I’m not the person who likes hickeys but I got carried away) and as the fans had seen pictures of Johnny and Tracey in a restaurant they assumed it was from her. I wanted to tell everyone that it was me who he had shared a bed with, but I had to remember, that I had been the one who had suggested it.