26. - Whatever Tomorrow Brings I'll Be There With Open Arms And Open Eyes

Start from the beginning

“Everything is deleted,” Jess said and joined me and Papa Gates. The others had gone their way and I swear I could have heard someone mumbled something about ‘kids growing old’ or something like that.

“Don’t worry kiddo, he’ll come around,” Papa Gates said and pinched my stomach. I bet my smile was more a grimace and he laughed at my expression.

“And until he’s an idiot you have me. You can be my wifey,” Jess said and kissed my cheek while she put an arm around my shoulder.

“Your what?” I asked confused. I hadn’t really listened to what she said I was watching Tracey and Johnny who walked right back into the room.

“That begs for a wedding,” Papa Gates screamed. “Please let me use that for a new song,” he said and took out his mobile and started typing.

“Kim, will you be my wifey?”  Jess said and was on one knee. “Oh,” she mumbled and looked at herself until she found her necklace and took it off. She held it out and I started laughing. “Hey, I asked you a serious question and you are laughing?” she pouted.

“I would be honored to be your wifey,” I said and took the small band rope with a purple quartz on it from her.

“We want to see the kiss.” Papa Gates exclaimed.

“You’re worse than a little kid,” Jess and I laughed while she got on her feet again.

“I still wanna see the kiss,” the old man complained. He hummed something and typed again on his phone but still watched us.

“Oh, come on,” I said and pulled the woman at me and placed a small kiss on her lips.

“Kim, what did I told you about not stealing my woman all the time?” I heard JB’s voice.

“I’m sorry?” I said like a little kid who got caught with stealing some candy.

“Baby, you have to share me from now on,” Jess said and placed a small kiss on his lips.

“Well, they did worse yesterday,” Tracey announced. I was sure my jaw was on the floor now! I’m never going to drink again!

“WHAT?” I wasn’t the only one who had yelled that. Also Johnny’s, Jess’s, JB’s and Papa Gates’s mouths were open.

“Calm down, guys. I’m just kidding,” Tracey said and announced she needed a drink and left our little group.

“She’s crazy,” JB said and shook his head a little.

“Ouch, that’s much response,” Papa Gates said and walked away while he laughed.

“Please tell me he didn’t tweet it. I hate to be his victim all the time,” I complained and made my way towards Matt and Val.  It was true, Papa Gates tweeted an awful lot about me and the worst thing is that the most people didn’t get his humor.

-x-

“Had a bad night?” Papa Gates asked with a huge smile on his face. Well, I didn’t know why, but why was I always the one who felt miserable? I was sober last night and drove most of the guys from the party home – most shocking news: Johnny was the second DD! I was now pretty exhausted as I couldn’t have spend much time in bed as I wish I would have.

“Don’t be so mean, dad,” McKenna rebuked her dad. “Morning Kim,” she said smiling at me.

“Hey,” I returned the smile. “You’re excited?” I asked. Papa Gates and his daughter would also fly to UK and would spend some time there.

“Absolutely,” she answered and nodded with her head, so her purple hair flew around. What was it with these Haner’s and their obsession with this color? Together we walked into the airport and saw the guys, who were already there. Their wifes were nowhere to be seen and I know they had said goodbye at home so this didn’t make it harder than it already was.